See Courier for the current version of the Courier.
Ground Courier was an Supplies item in Heroes of Newerth. This version of the Courier is a purchasable, shareable unit that can ferry items from the base to you. It can be upgraded at any time into a Winged Courier for 200 Gold. Both teams started with a free Ground Courier (or Winged Courier in certain game modes) at their base.
|The tragra monkey is one of the quickest and most intelligent of lesser primates, and is a favorite Monkey Courier of jungle witches, Beast shamans, and traveling conjurers. With their nimble hands and strong arms, they are able to carry items to and from bases, and they never forget their way home.|
Description[edit | edit source]
When activated, spawns a Ground Courier under your control.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Ground Courier info[edit | edit source]
Can hold items
The Courier is immune to Magic and Splash Damage, and cannot be targeted with abilities, even Physical abilities. On death, it will drop the items it's carrying, and its death will be announced in the game.
The Courier does benefit from flat stat gains, such as Max Health or Mana, Armor, and Movement Speed. However, due to item sharing mechanics, only Couriers you bought benefit from items you bought.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Removed from the game. Players now have their own personal Courier.
- Summoned Units damage to the Winged Courier lowered to 1 health per hit
- Ground Courier cost reduced from 200 to 100
- Will no longer aggro creeps
- Winged Courier: all Towers and minions now deal 3 damage if Melee and 2 damage if Ranged
- Courier Shield cooldown increased from 20 seconds to 90 seconds
- When the Courier gets upgraded to a Flying Courier the Invulnerability will start on cooldown
- If the courier dies, all items will be dropped normally. However, only consumables and shareable items that are dropped can be seen by enemies. The rest are invisible to enemies.
- The Flying Courier now dies in 2 hits by melee Heroes, 3 hits by ranged Heroes or Towers, and 6 hits from minions.
- Lane Creeps can no longer aggro the Courier
- Courier Shield: Duration decreased from 7 seconds to 4 seconds
- Couriers can no longer block Neutral Spawns
- Courier Item Combining improved significantly
- When a courier delivers items, it now intelligently combines them as they're being delivered
- Example: Your inventory has 5 Minor Totems and Marchers. The courier delivers you 2 Punchdaggers and you now have Ghost Marchers in your inventory. Before, you would still have Marchers in your inventory and the courier would still have the 2 Punchdaggers
- All teams now start with a basic Ground Courier by default
- Removed the Winged Courier recipe
- The Upgrade ability on a Ground Courier will now take 200 gold from whoever uses the ability and upgrade the courier
- Can be done anywhere on the map
- Basic Ground Courier cooldown increased to 10 seconds
- Items bought on the Courier will no longer be credited to the owner of the Courier
- Casual Mode games now automatically start with a courier for each team
- Bottle now loses ownership when it is dropped from a Courier death
- Mana Potion, Health Potion, Wards, and Runes of the Blight now lose ownership when dropped from a courier death
- Will be attacked by creeps/towers again
- Will now be attacked by Towers and the Well
- Ground Courier now has a 3 second cooldown between purchases
- Any teammate can now take Wards of Sight and Wards of Revelation from a courier, regardless of who purchased them
- Activating Delivery will automatically transfer any Wards of Sight and Wards of Revelation from the courier to your inventory, regardless of who purchased them
- Can no longer pick up Token of Life, Token of Sight, Token of Stealth, or Bananas
- Winged Courier Bounty increased to 300 gold
- Couriers now have a custom minimap icon
- Recipes now form on couriers
- Neutrals will no longer attack couriers unless a courier stops moving on top of them
- Added an ability to fly/run to you and drop all items you own onto your hero (Delivery)
- Added an ability to fly/run back to the well (Homeward Bound)
- Fixed Flying Courier stats. Movespeed from 300 to 350 and vision from 350 to 400
- Couriers are now immune to Splash effects and damage, in addition to Magic effects and damage
See Also[edit | edit source]
|Recipe Items||Initiation||Supportive||Protective||Combative||Morph Attack|
|Other Items||Boss Drops||Removed Items||Obsolete Items|