Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Stats||+30 Damage vs. Enemy Non-Hero Units (Melee Only)|
+15 Damage vs. Enemy Non-Hero Units (Ranged Only)
Description[edit | edit source]
Contains a Creep Damage Modifier which does not stack. The bonus damage granted by this item does not stack with Runed Cleaver or itself and does not increase the damage from splash/cleave.
Increases attack damage against non-hero units. Can be used to chop down a target tree (half cooldown if tree is cut down) or hit a creep. Does not refund any gold when sold.
Effects[edit | edit source]
Changelog[edit | edit source]
- Cost reduced from 225 to 200 .
- Bonus Attack Damage vs Creeps changed from 32% bonus Damage to a static 30 bonus Damage.
- Ranged bonus Damage changed from 12% to a static 15.
- Cast time decreased from 200ms to 0ms.
- Its activation can now target gadgets. Goes on a 15 second cooldown when used in this manner.
- This includes wards.
- Can be sold, but for 0 gold.
- Passive bonus damage vs. creeps no longer works when Hatchet is thrown.
- Can no longer be thrown at Bosses.
- Now deals 50% damage to Siege units to match Combat Type (from 100% damage).
- Increased Cast Range to 600 from 100.
- Can now be thrown at enemy creeps:
- Deals your attack damage to target on impact
- Cooldown is set to 30 seconds when targeting a creep, retains 15 second cooldown when used on trees
- No longer works on Bosses.
- No longer works with Splash damage.
- Can now be sold within the 15 seconds of buying it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The ability to throw the Hatchet to a creep was a mechanic carried over from a cancelled item, the Trophy Belt, which was to have an activation which instantly killed lane creeps.
|Recipe Items||Initiation||Supportive||Protective||Combative||Morph Attack|
|Other Items||Boss Drops||Removed Items||Obsolete Items|