The warrior known as Riftshards Gladiator began as a combatant so inept he was relegated by the munera overlords to the task of venturing into closing Rifts to harvest the valuable Riftshards left behind. This was nothing short of a death sentence, but the gladiator found himself growing stronger as he was exposed to the unholy, razor-sharp remnants. He was soon strong enough to lift and wield the preferred gladius and whip, then it felt like nothing to add a Punchdagger to his sword, which quickly changed to a Broadsword as his body was augmented by the invasive Riftshards. When he was fully corrupted by the shards, his body was forever changed and no mortal warrior could stand before his Riftshard arsenal.
- When the player gets Punchdagger, a Punchdagger model is added to the avatar's sword
- When the player gets Broadsword, the avatar's sword model becomes the Broadsword
- When the player gets Riftshards, shards will begin to sprout from the armor and the sword becomes a blade made of glowing Riftshards
- As the player upgrades Riftshards, even more shards will sprout from his body and armor until he is totally corrupted!
- Pitfall now features Riftshard spikes harvested by Riftshards Gladiator
- Showdown now features a Hellbourne Rift bristling with Riftshards
- Call to Arms now summons the Riftcreatures and Battlecart used by Riftshards Gladiator to harvest his Riftshards, and the ground erupts with razor-sharp Riftshards.