Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
General[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Stop by Merrick's shop and test your chances with his new game! Use gold or 'tickets' to drop a chip for a chance to win some great prizes.
The outcome of Plinko drops are randomly determined. On average value of prizes won will exceed the gold cost of playing the game
Observatory[edit | edit source]
The Observatory has provided an unnecessary advantage to the Hellbourne team, allowing purchases from middle lane. The addition of Dust of Revelation is a quality of life change that allows for an additional avenue of countering invisible heroes that previously existed exclusively with transportation of the courier.
- Added Dust of Revelation to the shop
- Reduced the purchasing range of the Hellbourne Observatory from 500 to 370
New Content[edit | edit source]
- Added new Announcer Pack: Samuel L. Jackson Pack
- We are honored and beyond excited to announce the release of the Samuel L. Jackson Announcer Pack! Let the rest of Newerth hear just how much of a BAMF you are with custom lines from the baddest man on the planet, like "Welcome to Newerth, motherf*cker!"
- Releases 10/9/2013 Today!
- The Willow Keeper is an impressive sight to behold: a wise and grizzled old treant rumored to be one of the first offspring from the World Tree. Having survived in some of the harshest environments throughout time, from the waterless Savannahs to the life-rotting Rulian Marsh, his durability will surely be a boon to the defenses of the Legion soldiers, beasts, and flora.
- Releases 10/11/2013
- After crash-landing in the northern forests of Caldavar, this celestial maiden was excavated from her crater and brought to the Iron City for the Engineers to study. While her armor may be dinged up, her CPU remains unharmed and ready to aid the Legion, both in battle and in understanding the technology of man before the Fall.
- Releases 10/16/2013
- Before the Hellbringers had fully perfected the dark art of imbuing daemonic contraptions with the souls of the damned, Dr. Repulsor took matters into his own hands with a series of "experiments" that even some Hellbourne would consider vile. Dissecting captured Legion prisoners and inserting cables into their bodies fueled the robotic war machines known as Penitent Lodestones by way of pain and suffering, forcing the pilots to willingly subject themselves to war for a chance to end their constant misery.
- Releases 10/16/2013
- When it's time to put brass to ass, nobody is better suited for the job than Steampunk Aluna. Fitted with coiled stilettos and enough gears to shake a (pneumatic) stick at, this feisty heroine is ready to prove the Hellbourne threat is nothing but hot air. The battle for Newerth just got a little steamier, figuratively and literally.
- Releases 10/18/2013
Hero Balance[edit | edit source]
- Stealth abilities can no longer be purged or transferred
+ Ra has always been a fan favorite for a lot of players. The lane presence of Ra combined with allies has become too lethal so we're toning down his burst damage. To compensate, we are allowing Ashes to Ashes to work on creep damage again, bringing back his ability to jungle efficiently. The increased radius and removal of attack speed helps refine Ra's focus towards Magic Damage over time.
- - Increased Armor by 1
- - Path of Destruction: Reduced damage from 110/180/250/320 to 90/140/190/240
- - Ignite: Reduced damage from 80/120/160/200 to 60/100/140/180
- - Ashes to Ashes: Now works on creeps again
- - Ashes to Ashes: Radius increased from 350 to 400
- - Ashes to Ashes: removed attack speed
+ Power Throw is individually a strong ability. Rather than reducing its high damage, we've increased the mana cost instead to bring it more in line with other nukes.
- - Power Throw: Increased mana from 100/110/120/130 to 110/120/130/140
+ Behemoth has always been an iconic wrecking bomb with a portal key. We feel it is time to bring back some of his old strengths by alleviating some of his mana cost issues and putting a larger emphasis on his reward for Shockwave.
- - Increased starting Intelligence from 16 to 17
- - Increased Intelligence gain per level from 1.8 to 2.0
- - Fissure: Mana Cost lowered from 125,140,155,170 to 120,130,140,150
- - Shockwave: Increases the radius from 500 to 600
- - Shockwave: Increases the bonus radius per unit from 500 to 600
- - Shockwave: Cooldown lowered from 150,130,110 to 130,120,110
+ Boom Dust has always felt awkward with the range being significantly less than attack range. While we don't want it to be free damage on every auto attack, we are increasing the range to feel much better in the laning phase.
- - Boom Dust: Increased cast range from 500 to 550
+ With the emphasis of movement speed from a lot of more recent items and heroes, we feel Cthuluphant has experienced a large increase in difficulty of landing trample.
- - Trample: increased the speed from 700 to 800
+ Alongside our direction nerfs to reduce unskilled burst, we're comfortable with Dampeer's baseline output however we're reducing his maximum damage potential. These changes will be most noticeable with the maximum number of essences.
- - Terrorize: Reduces bonus damage granted from each essence from 30 to 25
- - Vampiric Flight: Reduces bonus damage granted from each essence from 20 to 15
- - Vampiric Flight: Fixed a string error with the heal per essence from 15 to 5 (gameplay values remain the same)
- - Consume: Reduces bonus damage granted from each essence from 40,60,80 to 35,55,75
+ Devourer's overall damage output has been too high. Devourer's intention has always been to be a brute force tank with high magic damage output at the cost of his own safety. Rather than toning down the exciting things about the hero, we're reverting the extra physical attack damage granted by his ultimate.
- - Devour: Removed the increase in attack damage that you gain from channeling the ultimate.
+ Doctor Repulsor has always experienced some difficulties getting to 6 but still lacked some power even after achieving level 6. We've added a bit of power to his early game ultimate while keeping his late game power the same.
- - Ludicrous Speed: Increased the speed from 1250/1875/2500 to 1500/2000/2500
+ Ellonia truly shines with her stacks of frost when she can land consecutive hits of her abilities. While we like the high skill shot play style that Ellonia provides, we feel that difficulty of landing Glacial Spike was too high.
- - Glacial Spike: Increased the speed of the projectile from 1000 to 1100
- - Glacial Spike: Increased the touch radius from 90 to 110
+ Engineer has always been able to engage with very little risk. Considering the most optimal position of his abilities is still on the other side of enemies, we wanted to keep the ranges high but decided to tone it down a bit.
- - The Keg: Lowered cast range from 800 to 750
- - Steam Turret: Lowered cast range from 800 to 750
- - Steam Turret: Each charge has it's own timer instead of fully refreshing the slow
+ Tundra Blast's cast range combined with it's radius has allowed for some incredible initiations. We're reducing the range to require Glacius to be more considerate of his positioning.
- - Tundra Blast: Decreased range from 700 to 600
- - Ice Imprisonment: Now allows turning
+ With the popularity of increase in movement speed items and abilities, we've found Earth's Grasp to be irrelevant too early in the game. we're increasing the movement speed require to avoid the damage from Earth's Grasp to keep it relevant for a longer period in the game.
- - Earth's Grasp: Increased radius from 180 to 195 (now requires over 390 Movement Speed to avoid)
+ Night Hound's new found power from his recent changes to his ultimate has made him a bit problematic. We appreciate the addition of his new ultimate so we're taking a look at some of the frustration the hero creates. we're toning down the disruptive radius of Smoke Bomb in team fights at the later stages without affecting his early game too much. we're also putting a greater emphasis on the choice for enemy players to fight the Night Hound head on or flee at the cost of bonus backstab damage.
- - Magic armor reduced from 5.75 to 5
- - Agility gain reduced from 2.9 to 2.5
- - Smoke Bomb: No longer reduces attack speed
- - Smoke Bomb: Radius reduced from 250/275/300/325 to 275
- - Smoke Bomb: Cooldown increased from 15 to 30/25/20/15 seconds
- - Pounce: Will now always appear between you and the target instead of always behind the target
- - Invisibility: Reduced agility per level from 6/12/18 to 5/10/15
+ In addition to his recent buffs, we've felt that Kraken could still use a tiny push. Kraken can now be more aggressive with harass damage in lane with his splash attack.
- - Splash: reduced cooldown from 11/10/9/8 to 10/9/8/7
+ An old time favorite and an icon in the game, Maliken has fallen off the charts through time. we're putting emphasis on his concept as a carry with increased power at high risk, forcing enemies to finish him off at low health or be punished by his potential.
- - Increases starting strength by 1
- - Hellbourne Zeal: increased max charges from 100 to 120
- - Possession: Increased fear duration from 1/1.5/2 to 1.5/1.75/2
- - Enchanted Flames: Reduces the damage taken on self from 6,9,12,15 to 4,8,12,16
- - Enchanted Flames: Increases bonus attack damage from 10,20,30,40 to 12,24,36,48
+ Draining Venom has been adding a lot of late game damage to Parasite, allowing him to burst most enemies regardless of the length of the game. Alongside our directional changes to reduce unskilled burst, we're removing the bonus damage granted from items and creating more decisions for the Parasite in his item choice rather than always killing your target with codex.
- - Draining Venom: No longer works on any items.
- - Face Hug: No longer transfers any buffs or debuffs on magic immune targets. Will still transfer Protective Charm from Jeraziah to self then apply debuffs.
+ Predator's new found strength from Elder Parasite and reworked Terror has made him extremely difficult to deal with. We find the changes to Terror to be more enjoyable than the previous implementation but we feel its about time to tone it down a bit. we're increasing the counter play around the activation of Terror by requiring more attacks and reducing his early game stats.
- - Decreased starting strength from 25 to 23
- - Increased strength gain from 2.4 to 2.5
- - Movement Speed reduced from 300 to 295
- - Terror: Increased the amount of attacks to activate from 3 to 4
+ Prisoner is still relatively new and while we don't want to hit him too hard. We've found that the combination of his tankiness and lethality early game is too high. Lowering his armor to make him more vulnerable to harass damage and lowering the impact of Shackled at the early levels. we're refocusing some of the free activation damage from Prison Break and putting a larger emphasis on the trigger damage for Prisoner while granting a larger reward for enemy counter play.
- - Starting Armor lowered from 1.10 to 0.60 (total armor from 3.5 to 3.0)
- - Shackled: Slow decreased from 30% to 20,25,30,35%
- - "Target Closest" activation has been removed
- - Prison Break: Initial damage reduced from 150/225/300 to 100/150/200
- - Prison Break: Trigger damage increased from 150/200/300 to 200/300/400
+ We feel Puppet Master has fallen behind in his carry potential compared to some other favorites due to his previous nerfs. Rather than increasing his already incredibly long disables, we've put a larger emphasis on his Whiplash allowing him to enjoy the uses of Assassin's Shroud wiping creep waves much earlier in the game.
- - Increased starting damage by 2
- - Whiplash: Reducing charges from 5 to 4
- - Whiplash: Increasing critical damage from 1.25,1.5,1.75,2.0 to 1.5,1.75,2.0,2.25
- - Voodoo Puppet: Increased damage amplification from the Puppet from 140,160,180% to 150,170,190%
+ Dance Floor has always ideally wanted to be placed on the other side of the enemy to gain the most benefit. An increase in cast range will feel much better for Rhapsody when used in combination with Staccato.
- - Increased the cast range of dance floor from 500 to 600. Feels much better with the use of her stun
+ Riftwalker is perceived as a weaker support in exchange for what she provides in the later stages of the game being one of the few support initiators. We've toned down some of her harsh level and gold requirements making it less punishing to play the support role.
- - Increasing Starting Magic Armor from 5.75 to 6.0
- - Wormhole: Lowered the mana cost at all levels from 150/200/250 to 125/175/225
- - Shared Existence: Reduces cooldown from 20,16,12,8 to 10
+ We've found Sand Wraith to have a significant increase in strength due to the recent emphasis on hero bounties and cooldown reductions to Mirage. We like the opportunity and action that his global presence creates so instead we've lowered his early game tankiness a bit making him more manageable in lane. Desert's Curse is also getting a significant decrease in the lingertime putting more meaning on the placement both for the Sand Wraith and enemies.
- - Reduced starting strength from 19 to 17
- - Desert's Curse: Reduced the linger time of the debuff slow from Desert's Curse from 3 seconds to 1 second.
+ The cooldown of stalk was initially increased due to the frustration that The Madman created. With the recent buffs to his counters like Dust of Revelation, Wards of Sight and Puzzle Box. We are comfortable with a revert to his previous changes.
- - Stalk: Reduced cooldown from 10/9/8/7 to 9/8/7/6
+ SoulStealer, an old time favorite has lost a lot of his appeal. The recent changes to mitigate his soul loss mechanic we feel was the wrong way to go, it ended up removing the counter play involved and lost a lot of meaning of the skill. Instead we're bringing back the risk and reward of the skill and even putting a greater emphasis on the mechanic. Soulstealer will now be able to reach higher peaks while also putting more emphasis on his death.
- - Demon Hand: Reduced the mana cost from 80 to 75
- - Soulsteal: Increased the maximum number of souls from 8,15,23,30 to 10,20,30,40(damage potential of Soul Burst remains the same)
- - Soulsteal: Death reduction changed from 1/3 to 1/2
- - Soul Burst: Increased the movement speed slow from 15,20,25% to 25%
- - Soul Burst: Increases the base damage reduction from -15,-20,-25% to -25%
Bug Fixes and Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- - Fixed cast range indicators on Doppelganger and Twisted Visage
- - Entrapment can now properly be cast near the edge of the map
- - Entrapment can no longer be used on heroes who are magic immune
- - Fixed interaction with Amun-Ra's ultimate such that if Circe transforms into Amun-Ra (with ultimate skilled) and Circe's transformation time expires naturally, then she won't be "killed" and revive with 60% HP
- - Fixed Overgrowth so that the damage comes from the correct source
- - Creeps afflicted by taunt will no longer be aggressive towards the Legionnaire after the state expires
- - Targets afflicted by taunt will no longer be silenced and perplexed if legionnaire dies within the duration
- - Pestilence's Gore: Illusions now do 33% damage of gore and cannot stun
- - Riftwalker: Staff of the Master visual effect after teleporting will now be visible to enemies. Can no longer target boss units
- - Shadowblade's Feint's Siphon: will no longer give attack damage to Shadowblade if the target has negative damage
- - Homecoming Stone disarm time will now be equal to the teleport time as well.(4 seconds for outer towers)
- - Fix crash with HoNTour spectators.
- - Lowered announcer memory usage
- - Lower alt avatar memory usage