New Content[edit | edit source]
- Secluded for eons under the monstrous mountains of sand that litter the desert wastes, the great djinn known as Salomon waited, confined to a small, delicately crafted gold lamp. Imprisoned for the havoc he wreaked upon the world during the days of his summoning, he and the lamp were sent with an expendable wanderer to the farthest reaches of the land and buried beneath layers of earth, never to be spoken of again. It was not until a nomad, searching for the wraith who slaughtered his village, stumbled upon the lamp that the ancient evil was once more allowed to roam Newerth. The price paid to one wanderer has now become the debt of another...
- The Phoenix Prophet is a rare, but inspiring, sight in Newerth, ushering in a sense of hope and a renewal of fighting spirit to his chosen ones. Legion or Hellbourne, the Phoenix makes no distinction, judging warriors based purely on their will to survive and conquer. His feathers beam with unearthly radiance and his skyforged weaponry is detailed with neverｭending flames, captivating those lucky enough to catch a glimpse of his appearance in battle.
- It is believed the elf races evolved from a fringe element of the Fourth Clan, the Scouts, a faction that drove further into the forests of Caldavar and created a utopian society untouched by outside influence. This paradise was shattered by the Second Corruption, and the elves selected a few elite warriors to leave the elven lands to keep the Hellbourne infection from touching their sacred territory. Halion is one of these warriors, and he carries two blades, blessed by the Blind Prophet himself before his assassination. When the blades touch daemon flesh, each impact grants Halion more energy to continue his attack. With these blades, he will never tire while battling the Hellbourne.
- New Item Avatar: Insanitarius Berzerker
- Insanitarius Berzerker is a warlord from the far shores of the Seradati Plains, and he has joined the battle between the Legion and Hellbourne simply to prove he is the greatest warrior on the face of Newerth. He carries a powerful arsenal of weapons and armor from which to choose, selecting each one to instill the greatest amount of fear in the enemy he faces. His Insanitarius mask is reserved for only the most dangerous adversary, and me might soon find out everyone he faces in this war is very, very dangerous.
- Unpredictable, irresponsible, and "out of her mind." are only a few of the phrases attributed to URSA Magmus, the morally ambivalent girl who hides inside a giant suit of armor. Designed to withstand lava and traverse deep under Newerth to infiltrate Hellbourne spawning grounds, the power granted to URSA Magmus from the suit has rendered her a juggernaut with little competition. Although generally convinced of her loyalty, her suspicious behavior has a tendency to inspire fear, even within the corps. After all, some people want to save the world just to see it burn by their hand.
- New POGs Avatar: Doc Repulsor
- The POGs avatars are here! These high definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
- URSA Corps Taunt
- A roaring, exploding bear bomb is by far the best way to display your primal dominance on the battlefield. Claim this ferocious taunt for free when you own the URSA avatars Uproar, Ussuri, Kodia, Axia, and Barrage! (Flux, Gauntlet, Devourer, Moraxus, and Bombardier)
Bug Fixes and Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- The following neutrals have their aggro ranges readjusted when they are under a player's control. This fixes a bug where attack-moving with them would move the creep closer than their maximum attack range to acquire a target:
- Will no longer use other abilities while in mid-air with his Snotter Jump
- Emerald Lightning now has a bounce radius indicator
- Ensnaring Shrubbery now properly mitigates damage from enemy heroes when they are invulnerable
- Wander range and aggro range increased from 600/700 to 850 for both ranges, respectively
- Fixes a bug where the spirits could not attack buildings from some angles
- Mecha Gemini attack animations fixed
- Mecha Gemini's claw swipe animation is now smooth
- Hellfire icon now has a timer to indicate when its effect ends
- Category in Learnatorium changed to Physical/Magic/Crowd Control
- Poison Spray can be now cast even if the end of the ability lands outside the map boundaries
- Buff now shows the time it takes to teleport depending on the building you select
- Now inherits the number of charges from Striders upon being upgraded
- Now displays the correct Post Haste icon on the buffs
- Taunt no longer puts Striders on cooldown