Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
General[edit | edit source]
New Game Mode: Blitz Mode[edit | edit source]
- Blitz Mode comes to Newerth with one goal in mind: to inject as much chaos into your HoN experience as possible! Blitz mode encourages an onslaught of offensive action with:
- 80% Reduced cooldowns
- 80% Reduced mana costs
- 40% Reduced stunned durations
- 40% Reduced debuff durations
- Auto attacks deal double damage
- All heroes gain:
- +5 Health Regeneration
- +5 Mana Regeneration
- +30 Attack Speed
- +50 Movement Speed
- This new mode is a playable option on Grimm's Crossing, and will be available for a limited time; make sure to give it a shot before it rushes off!
New Feature: The War Effort[edit | edit source]
- The War Effort is a brand new feature designed to reward players for completing daily quests in Heroes of Newerth.
- Each day, quests will be available to complete for reputation points that are used to fill a player's War Effort satchel or chest. Once enough reputation points are accumulated to fill a satchel or chest, they can be exchanged for in-game content.
- Each quest completed will also be recorded on a monthly leaderboard. Those who complete the most quests at the end of each War Effort cycle will receive additional rewards.
- There's a variety of loot to be earned for those who support The War Effort. Each cycle, a combination of up to 14 satchels and/or chests can be exchanged for content.
- Those who earn enough reputation points to open the final chest will be rewarded with the Treasure of Champions (ToC), which is a War Effort exclusive piece of content. The first War Effort cycle's ToC will be Treasure Hunter Hag!
- The spoils of war don't stop there, though. For The War Efforts' biggest contributors, a golden opportunity awaits, as the top 25 questers will be rewarded with an illustrious Trophy Avatar.
- Seriously, only 25 players will have access to these Trophy Avatars – not even our staff can use them! Fayde will be the first Trophy Avatar up for grabs.
- But you don't need to be the very best to still secure some loot from the leaderboard; here's what you will receive if you are in the top 5000 questers for a cycle:
- Top 10 players:
- A Cycle 1 Chat Icon, Trophy Avatar Fayde and 390 Gold Coins.
- 11 - 25 Ranked players:
- A Cycle 1 Chat Icon and Trophy Avatar Fayde
- 26 - 100 Ranked players:
- A Cycle 1 Chat Icon and 200 Gold
- 101 - 250 Ranked players:
- A Cycle 1 Chat Icon and 500 Silver
- 251 - 1000 Ranked players:
- A Cycle 1 Chat Icon and 250 Silver
- 1001 - 5000 Ranked players:
- A Cycle 1 Chat Icon
- For more information about The War Effort, head here: http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/thewareffort
Audio[edit | edit source]
- Blackwal and Dead eye gang music added to the game for the Forest of Caldavar map.
Hero & Item Balance[edit | edit source]
- Dragon's Path: Now grants charges to Mana Battery/ Power Supply
- Dragon's Path: Mana cost increased from 20/25/30/35 to 40 at all levels
- Funeral Pyre: Cooldown increased from 16/12/8/4 to 20/15/10/5 seconds
- Cooldown for hitting creeps increased accordingly from 8/6/4/2 to 10/7.5/5/2.5 seconds
- Funeral Pyre: Debuff duration lowered from 30/60/90/120 to 30 seconds on enemy heroes
- Buff still lasts 30/60/90/120 seconds on self
- Base Strength reduced from 19 to 17
- Eyes glow green while in Stone Hide to make it more apparent (From community member Katieeee)
- Power Overwhelming: Max charges decreased from 120 to 100
- Can now be purchased by the courier and will be disabled until dropped or transferred. Once dropped or transferred it can no longer be picked up again by the courier (From community member Syllab)
- Now shows the amount of seconds it will last as charges on the item (10/9/8/7/6/5) (From community member RandomOnions)
- Armor increased from 5 to 6
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New War Effort Avatar: Treasure Hunter Hag
- This wildly adventurous treasure hunter will not be satisfied until she has explored every uncharted area of Newerth for hidden riches, and even those areas assumed to be picked clean often relinquish long-lost fortunes to her relentless questing.
- She spends more time in the dark, wild areas of Newerth than the soft cities, and as a result she has more friends among the bats than people. These winged friends flock to her familiar torch, guide her through treacherous territory and protect her from those who would steal her hard-won treasures.
- New Blackwal Avatars
- The Legion have no dead to bury. This is not because they are winning the war, or lose no warriors to the Hellbourne's blades and claws—it is because Lord Salforis and his Carrion Harvesters are gathering the dead and hauling them back to the grisly depths of Blackwal, where Salforis performs his abhorrent rituals to reanimate the corpses to raise his personal army of the dead.
- Brimstone Pyromancer is an affront to the Sacred Order, the men and women whose complete devotion to Sol grants them power over the miracle of flame. His blessed spirit had ascended to the afterlife, but once his body was reanimated by Salforis' fell sorcery his soul was dragged into Purgatory to witness his former vessel commit acts of merciless depravity as he spews Hellfire: corrupted flames that consume the soul and flesh alike.
- Lord Salforis has long experimented with necromancy and reanimation, but the fragility of dead flesh always has confounded him. When his Carrion Harvesters brought him the corpse of a Legion Engineer, the Baron of Blackwal saw an opportunity to augment his ranks of the undead with machinery that cannot be killed. The corrupted Mangler was born within the tombs of Blackwal, and the Legion will wish he'd stayed there.
- Any sorcerer who feels drawn to the insidious necromantic arts and wants to learn from the master will eventually make the pilgrimage to Blackwal, where they will thrive or perish. Others, like Necrosis, will have their unwilling corpses dragged from the battlefield by the Carrion Harvesters and dumped into the Tombs of Travail, where they will awaken to an agonizing new existence that is neither life nor death. Necrosis had once been a Disciple of the Way, harnessing the energy of life that flows through all things, but Salforis has shown him the undercurrent beneath that flow -- the undertow of death and decay -- that is quickly rising to the surface of Newerth. Necrosis embraced it like a maggot feeding on dead flesh, and now he carries the power of dead against his former brothers in arms.
- When Lord Salforis learned that the nomadic tribes which sometimes skirted along the fringe of Blackwal had a chosen few who could see the future, he ordered his Carrion Harvesters to scour the realm until they found one. His shambling soldiers did as he asked and dragged the terrified woman before the Baron of Blackwal, who demanded the oracle tell him if he would live forever. The poor gypsy was confounded. It felt as though her own life was being stolen in the presence of Salforis, and every whisper from her divination told her the hulking brute of a man was already dead. When she finally found her voice and courage and said as much, Salforis was so enraged he called forth the grasping hands of his Undying. They tore at the oracle's flesh and soul, but Salforis would not let them pull the life from her completely until she told him what she saw when she sought the manner of her own death. Only when she screamed “This! Here!” did he grant her death, though it was a brief respite, for he immediately reanimated her corpse to serve as his personal soothsayer of doom.
- The Savior Advanced Robotic Mobile Suits (or A.R.M.S.) were discovered in a sealed military bunker buried nearly a mile below the City of Iron, unearthed by the dwarves scraping every shred of ore from the endless tunnels and caverns. They seem to have been created by a previous civilization in a time of great conflict, designed to carry elite warriors into battle and protect them from harm while allowing them to carry weapons far beyond the capability of mere humans.
- Even Hammerstorm knows there is one thing stronger than the hammer -- the forge. By wrapping himself in the mysterious metallic armor found beneath the City of Iron, he constructs a new, impervious version of the famed, stoic warrior. And the suit lets him carry a bigger hammer, so forget the other stuff.
- Poseidon is ready to take his rightful place ahead of Hades and Zeus, and when that's done he'll challenge Athena for the role of official protector of her beloved Athens (if he can find the blasted place...). In preparation for these lofty positions, the God of the Sea has assembled a dazzling suit of golden armor from the endless treasures offered to him via the sunken ships strewn across his ocean floor. It's so kind of his worshipers to sail during his tantrums -- breaking ships into splinters always seems to cheer him up.
- New POGs Avatar: Jeraziah
- These high definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
- New Ward Skin: Cassie Calamity
- Those glasses might just be a fashion accessory, but this flapping stuffed dragon ward skin will certainly help your team see better!
Bug Fixes and Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- Alt avatar models and effects now propagate to illusions correctly
- Hell on Newerth now has a display timer to display when charges are going to be removed
- Also removed a state that had to be used on Balphagore and substituted that with identical timer functionality
- Force of Balance now has a display timer to indicate when the regeneration state will be re-applied if Kane gets damaged
- Wish for Wealth now has a display timer
- Fixed Insanitarius' cooldown incorrectly resetting back to 5 seconds if toggled off on the same frame it would normally go off cooldown
- Display timer is now shown when activated to indicate the item's internal cooldown when toggled on
- Now has charges to display the magic immunity duration of its next activation
The following items have had their autobuy item purchase sequence rearranged due to suggestions from the Community:
- Daemonic Breastplate: Sol's Bulwark is now the first item in the autobuy sequence
- Kuldra's Sheepstick: Blessed Orb is now the first item in the autobuy sequence
- Tablet of Command: Major Totem is now the first item in the autobuy sequence
- Void Talisman moved from the Relics shop to the Protective shop