General[edit | edit source]
New Game Mode: The Grimm Hunt
- The Grimm Hunt is the very first objective-based game mode in Heroes of Newerth!
- Played on Grimm's Crossing, players will be tasked with destroying magical Constructs that randomly spawn around the map.
- Each kill on Heroes or Constructs gives your team points. The first to 5000 points can win the game... if you can finish off the enemy's base!
- To facilitate more action-oriented gameplay, the next Construct's spawn point is revealed 10 seconds prior to its appearance; spawn points are also pinged on the minimap.
The Grimm Hunt: Construct Types
- Monument Constructs and Phantom Constructs
- Monument Constructs are immobile, but tread lightly; once you crack it open you'll be greeted by a slew of panicking Phantoms.
- Guardian Constructs
- These rotund Constructs are harmless until they reach half health. At this point, the wounded Guardian will become enraged and pounce on whoever is attacking it.
- Drone Constructs
- These Constructs are harmless – but they have high evade skills due to their ability to hover over terrain. They're fast and squishy.
The Grimm Hunt: Kill Constructs – Gear Up
- Each Construct carries a shop item. When a Construct is killed, its item drops into the inventory of a random player on the team that struck the final blow. If that player's inventory is full, the item goes into their stash.
- Items can be traded and/or shared with teammates, but not sold!
- Items can be picked up by the enemy team if dropped on the ground.
- The items held by Constructs are determined by different time intervals:
- The First Five Minutes: At the start of a match, Constructs hold items valued around 300-1,500 gold.
- Mid Game: After the five minute mark things really start to get interesting as Constructs begin to drop items valued around 1,500–4,500 gold.
- End Game: Party time! Once the game clock crosses ten minutes, items dropped by Constructs hold a high value! Ever wanted to try out a crazy item combination? The time is now! Frankly, in many instances you won't have much of a choice.
The Grimm Hunt: Additional Details
- The Bases in The Grimm Hunt are completely invulnerable at first. When one team reaches the score limit, their base will become vulnerable!
- The Grimm Hunt is a casual mode exclusive! We know you like the competitive aspect of HoN, but due to the hectic nature of The Grimm Hunt, it won't have a ranked option.
- Constructs will scale in power as the game progresses - you want the items in the end game? You're going to have to work for them!
- Outer towers have been removed! With so many things going on, the removal of towers will help create some breathing room.
- Heroes start at level 3 and with extra gold, so everyone can join the fight quickly!
- Everyone gains experience and gold passively as the game goes on.
- Respawn times are lowered significantly... until one team gets 5000 points, that is.
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New War Effort Trophy Avatar: Legionnaire
- The only way to get this rare, auspicious avatar is to be ranked among The War Effort's top 50 at the end of each 28-day cycle, so keep checking that leaderboard and completing those quests! Even the staff can't get the Trophy avatars!
- New Plinko Chest: DreamHack Chest (Replacing URSA Chest)
- Collect all 10 Plinko-exclusive A.R.M.S. avatars to support eSports and get an exclusive reward!
- As the goddess of rice, fertility, harvest, and family prosperity and harmony, Dewi Sri watches over her dominion with kindness and love. In many ancient kingdoms of the Sang-La Mountains, she is considered to be the preeminent goddess and is responsible for all successful harvests. Should anything threaten her peaceful reign, she will strike them down with golden justice.
- Even though he isn't Irish, Klanx embraces the annual opportunity to cut loose and celebrate St. Patrick's Day by drinking too early and unleashing his minions to get into as many bar fights as possible. It's best to stay away from him for the entire holiday, because when the bar tab and the cops show up, he'll zip away and leave you hanging.
- New St. Patrick's Day Holiday Edition Ward: Clover Ward
- Grab this St. Patrick's Day ward skin and show everyone you're both lucky and skilled!
- Aries is the Zodiac's embodiment of enthusiasm, and in her constant search for new enterprises she has looked upon the endless war of Newerth and discovered a challenge too tempting to pass up: lifting the Legion and carrying them to safety over the cursed Hellbourne. Her eagerness is certainly appreciated, but she may soon find out the daemons will see her as just another sheep to fleece.
- Even Solstice, the chosen warrior of the Moon Goddess Lunari, feels trepidation at the rapid evolution of the Hellbourne's weapons and brutality, and as a result she no longer feels completely safe in her true, nighttime form. The Savior suit offers a blessed solution, allowing her the protection of armor regardless of the hour. Her bond has been transferred to the daytime Savior armor, and now she uses the agile Stealth Savior armor for her nocturnal raids.
- The Persian Manticore has witnessed her mate, the Manticore, devour Newerth heroes and beasts whole and leave no trace of their existence... and it looks like fun! She may toy with her prey a little longer than her male counterpart, but don't mistake that for an opportunity to escape. She welcomes another chance to stalk and pounce on you.
- New POGs Avatar: Keeper of the Forest
- These high definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
Bug Fixes and Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate avatar visual anomalies should not happen if you remove an item while the enemy team does not have sight of you and you then go back into the enemy's vision
- Taking damage no longer resets the AFK timer, which previously sometimes prevented players from properly being marked as AFK due to global abilities.
- Courier alternate avatars are no longer purchasable through the in-game interface.
- Bots now properly communicate which lane they are going to push
- Circe will now play the correct hero selection sound
- Deadlift's music removed from lobby
- Robodon's green spikes now show up properly in-game on Medium graphics settings and below
- No longer excessively plays his death sound when killed mid- Sidestep by someone with the Dumpster Taunt
- The Dead Shall Rise activation no longer plays the spell visual in fog
- The Dead Shall Rise activation no longer reveals the summoned minions to the enemy team when the minions attack an allied/neutral faction unit
- Storm Cloud no longer produces white textures on some stealthed heroes
- Guttling Hook sound now plays at Devourer's location when the hook successfully hits a target, rather than at the hooked target's location
- Lust Empath no longer regains layers of clothing when she dies and has her ultimate leveled up
- Call of Arms cast sound no longer uses Riftshards Gladiator's Call of Arms cast sound when any of Gladiator's avatars have a Level 4 Riftshards in their inventory
- Call of Arms cast sound for Halcyon Gladiator now plays properly
- Kurgan Legionnaire's ultimate sound was made louder