As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
General[edit | edit source]
Songkran Mid Wars Map
- Newerth celebrates the Thai New Year with an updated Mid Wars map! Enjoy these new features for a limited time only!
- Songkran Fun & Games: Water Balloons & Trebuchets
- A water balloon spawns every 30 seconds opposite the rune
- Players can grab this balloon and bring it to their trebuchet to reload it
- Attacking your trebuchet launches water balloons at the enemy team's shoreline
- Units hit by balloons are slowed per hit and take magic damage
- Trebuchets target random heroes and show where balloons will land
- Map Updates
- New Songkran music added for the Mid Wars map and its lobby: Celebrate Songkran with the ancient music of Thailand
- New top jungle camp with waterfalls
- Water updated to a more clear and pleasant teal color
- Textures, lights, particle effects, foliage and terrain have all been updated and tweaked
- Boss area has been updated with new statues and props
New Songkran Mid Wars Boss: Songkranstein
- Transmutanstein is in full Songkran celebration mode and he’s loaded up with water, clouds of white powder and flower petals to power-cleanse any bad spirits who wander into his festival site
- Q: Sleeping Powder
- Songkranstein shoots a blast of colored powder into the air
- After a few seconds, the powder comes back down in an AOE around the boss
- Any unit caught in the AOE slows down, then falls asleep for 3 seconds
- W: Water Cannon
- Songkranstein sprays a blast of water toward a hero
- All units caught in the blast are pushed in its direction, taking damage at the end
- E: Geysers
- Spawns geysers at random locations in the Songkranstein pit
- If a unit is on a geyser when it explodes, they are thrown out of the pit
- R: Water Spouts
- Songkranstein sprays three streams of water in different directions that rotate around him slowly enough for heroes to avoid
- Units caught in the stream are pushed back and suffer magic damage
- Units are trapped in the pit during this time by a wall created by Songkranstein
- The only way to leave the pit is to blink out or get ejected by a Geyser
- Q: Sleeping Powder
- Duplicate Heroes Banning Pick is now a default mode in Matchmaking
The War Effort[edit | edit source]
- As the battle rages across Newerth, questers are continually finding new, lucrative opportunities!
- In this Cycle, complete your missions to earn an assortment of Gold and Silver as well as POG Soulstealer and this cycle's exclusive avatar, Minerva Silhouette
- This cycle's reward for those questers who top the leaderboard is the coveted Trophy Swiftblade
- Nothing prepares you for combat on Newerth quite like being ripped out of your mother's womb (also your aunt's) and devoured by your father Jupiter, then springing out of his forehead holding a complete arsenal of weapons. With all of this considered, it makes complete sense that Minerva is the goddess of wisdom, arts, trade, and strategy. In the war between the Legion and Hellbourne she chooses to devote her artistic talents to carving up the enemy, loves to trade blades for kills, and most of her strategies revolve around stealing worshipers from her Greek counterpart Athena. The first chance she gets to snag that fluffy owl away from the daughter of Zeus, consider it grappled.
- Claim Minerva by opening the final chest in this cycle of the War Effort!
New Content[edit | edit source]
- Soaker Rosie is locked, loaded and ready to drench the battlefield with her arsenal of watery weapons. Her appetite for fun is infectious and she has everyone joining in the incredible festivities, but make no mistake, she is a killer shot with her blundersoaker and has no shortage of water balloons to hurl your way!
- With Songkran underway and festivities in full swing, the tide itself has come to join in the festivities. This colorful, hulking elemental has been drenching everyone and generally causing unadulterated fun. Help everyone cool down by letting out an eruption of water and wash those daemons away!
- Chalawan is a terrifying and elusive creature due to its ability to shapeshift from a beautiful woman into a murderous creature. Seducing unsuspecting warriors and luring them down to the river for a swim, Chalawan transforms into a monstrous crocodile and her victims are never seen again. Be careful where you dip your toes…
- The electronic realm of Arcadia has been sealed away from the passage of time for decades due to a defensive shield coded by the Quarter Masters. This shield has kept them isolated and safe from the chaos of Newerth, but 8-Bit Kane accidentally sliced through the power cord during his headstrong rush through the shield to join the fray. Now all the characters of Arcadia are free to roam Newerth while the Quarter Masters duct-tape the cord, jostle consoles and blow into cartridges in a frantic attempt to reactivate the shield.
- As soon as the shield went down, Big Boss Bubbles erupted from his castle and continued his relentless pursuit of two goals: Marrying Aquarius, the heavenly body he believes is destined to be his bride, and ridding the world of plumbers. In a cruel twist of irony, Big Boss doesn't quite understand how HoN works and has no idea he'll never be in a game with another Bubbles avatar. But that won't stop him from hunting plumbers during his search, and he'll do his best to clog up pipes and flood the map to call these damned wrench-turners out of hiding.
- There are only so many pixelated ducks, gangsters, and prison camp guards one can shoot before boredom sets in, so when the shield containing Arcadia collapsed LightGunblade coiled his cords, packed his guns and grappled his way into Newerth as quickly as possible. The plethora of new, challenging targets made his trigger fingers twitch with anticipation, and as soon as they pop up out of the weeds, consider them blasted. The same goes for that damned dog if he doesn't stop snickering.
- LightGunblade will say random taunt lines when getting hero kills and random lines of anger when respawning.
- New 8-Bit Ward: 8-Bit Ward
- This exclusive ward will keep a giant 8-Bit eye out for any dangerous pixels headed your way. Claim it by owning Big Boss Bubbles and LightGunblade!
- New 8-bit music added for the Caldavar map and its lobby: During the invasion of the Arcadians, the great Preserver of Songs noticed a lack of bleeps and bloops in the new land. With the power of circuitry and sound chips, the Preserver brought the tunes of Arcadia into Newerth.
- Dampeer is not known for armor of any kind -- or clothes, for that matter -- so the Electrician was surprised when the life-sucking creature enlisted for the first wave of the Invader suits. His motivation was simple: if the Legion soldiers will be wearing armor impervious to his claws, how will he get to their blood and innards? The obvious solution is to don an enhanced weapon system just as powerful, with claws strong enough to open the Savior suits like cans of delicious gallantry.
- New POGs Avatar: Soulstealer
- These high definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
Bug Fixes and Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- The AFK timer is properly reset for a player when damage is dealt by that player
- Leaver items are now properly upgradeable
- Mimics, illusions and player-controlled units are now properly affected by the Blitz Mode state at all points of the game (rather than just at the beginning of the game)
- Couriers now heal properly at the allied well
- Abaddon no longer loses his pet dragon visual after respawning if Sear is leveled
- Pet dragon visual is present only if the player has the Three Judges avatar set bonus
- Harcoon Bushwack head side-edge parts of the model no longer disappear at certain angles
- Osiris Electrician's voice cast sounds increased for Cleansing Shock
- Cleansing Shock no longer kills ally illusions
- Summon Gawain will no longer be added to the Rift Wars skill pool
- Fixed visuals for Essence Link not displaying properly if the target was morphed by Kuldra's Sheepstick
- B.A.N.G. now has the proper charge regain timer for Blitz mode (1.6 seconds)
- Hand in Hand now properly grants assists when healing allies
- Earthroc Pebbles visuals now properly sync with the current level of Enlarge for each level of his ultimate
- Cursed Shield visual effects are shown properly on units that are hexed
- Fixed the missing rainbow while charging from Rainbow Rampage
- Visual purple effects now propagate to illusions correctly when Geometer's Bane is activated