Tournament Rules[edit | edit source]
- Riptide has been removed from tournament rules
- Night Hound has been removed from tournament rules
Hero Balance[edit | edit source]
- Mines are quicker to place now and can reach lethal levels with lower amounts of mines. These changes are aimed at lessening the burst damage of throwing mines at enemy players and making players have to use more mines to gain high lethality.
- Spider Mines
- Spider mines no longer block creep spawns.
- Magic Damage reduced from 175/250/325/400 to 125/200/275/350
- Total damage with 6 Spider Mines reduced from 1050/1500/1950/2400 to 750/1200/1650/2100
- Now have a 1 second arming time when they reach their destination
- Cooldown between placing mines increased from 3.5 to 5 seconds
- Some more tweaks to lessen the amount of high damage and in turn high sustain Hellbringer is achieving.
- Evil Presence
- Passive heal from all damage dealt by Hellbringer reduced from 15/20/25/30% to 8/16/24/32%
- Summon Malphas
- Malphas Move Speed lowered from 375/400/425 to 350/375/400
- A sizable buff to an underwhelming start. These changes should help the usability of Nature's Sentinel outside the ultimate combo.
- Nature's Sentinel
- Cast time reduced from 250 to 100
- Increased cast range from 300 to 450
- Increased attack radius from 200 to 350
- Damage rescaled from 30 from each branch to 25 + 5% of Keeper's Attack Damage
- We wanted to bring something unique to how you played a stealth hero with Night Hound. The charge system combined with the level one Invisibility was causing a high amount of frustration. It was clear we needed to change one or the other. We have something in testing that could be better in the future, but it will need the appropriate time to make sure it is exactly what we want for Night Hound.
- Can now be leveled at 1/6/11
- Charge system removed
- Fade Time increased from 2.5/2/1.5 to 3.5/2.5/1.5
- Now grants 0/6/12 Agility
- Parallax can achieve a monster amount of high damage but with that high damage we wanted a high cost. With these changes he should be able to make it through the earlier game a bit easier and make use of his high mobility.
- Base Intelligence increased from 24 to 26
- Intelligence gain per level increased from 2.4 to 2.7
- Fulcrum Shift
- Range increased from 700 to 900
- Leash range increased from 1100 to 1200
- Damage increased from 0/45/65/65/85 to 0/65/85/85/105
- Ionic Dash
- Range increased from 725 to 925
- Initial mana cost decreased from 125/200/275 to 100/175/250
- Mana cost per second decreased from 5% to 3% of Parallax’s max mana pool
- Cooldown reduced from 90/75/60 seconds to 70/60/50 seconds
- Riptide's ultimate did not quite hit the mark in use and feel. The adjustments below should make it much better in both those categories.
- Eye of the Storm
- Now makes Riptide Magic Immune
- Turning is now twice as easy
- Warbeast was gaining too much free gold from Battle Cry and the strengths that this provides should have a higher cost, these changes will address this.
- Battle Cry
- Mana cost increased from 15/10/5/0 to 25/20/15/10
- Wildsoul is a unique hero due to his "two hero feel" and 12 inventory slots to fill. We want Wildsoul to be able to achieve a higher farm so he can attempt to fill those slots; however, he was gaining too much sustainability and damage for free. These changes are aimed at making Wildsoul easier to deal with and have clear weaknesses.
- Bear Form
- Shared Health does not work if Booboo is outside of leash range
- Armor reduced from 5/10/15 to 3/5/7
- Armor lowered from 5 to 3
- Alpha Male
- No longer works on Kongor
- Removed boosted 25% damage to heroes with level 4 Summon Booboo
- Deals 25% more damage to non hero-units
- Now deals 25% more damage to creeps when boosted with level 4 Summon Booboo (total 50% to all neutrals and creeps)
- Lowered slow from 75% to 50%
- Is now leveled at Level 3 of Summon Booboo
- Magic Armor and Armor while boosted lowered from 5 to 3
- Frenzy is now leveled at Level 2 of Summon Booboo
Item Balance[edit | edit source]
- Initial stock in store properly reduced from 5 to 3 to match the patch notes from 3.7.0
- This change is meant to deter players from abusing it with the courier
- Mana Cost increased from 0 to 5
Community[edit | edit source]
8-Bit Avatars[edit | edit source]
- Heroes of Newerth's 8-Bit Collection is about more than reminiscing about some of your earliest gaming conquests; it's about laying the foundation for new ones. That's why we're taking 25% of all revenue generated from the 8-Bit set and using it to help fund Heroes of Newerth's upcoming eSports event, DreamHack Summer 2015. In addition to contributing to HoN eSports, when you collect 8-Bit avatars you will be eligible for exclusive 8-Bit perks.
- Currently available 8-Bit Avatars: Big Boss Bubbles, LightGunblade, Paku Devourer, Game Master Puppet Master, Pixelkeeper, DDRhapsody
- 8-Bit Avatars coming this patch: Doctor Gamer
- Perks: For owning 2/4/6/8 8-Bit Avatars, you can claim the 8-Bit Ward/Courier/Taunt/Announcer for FREE.
- To take part in the 8-Bit experience and track your journey across the map of Arcadia, head here:
A.R.M.S. Collection[edit | edit source]
- The futuristic, gundam themed, A.R.M.S Collection has been available exclusively in Plinko since March 10th. Similar to the 8-Bit Avatars, 25% of all revenue generated from Plinko will be used to help fund Heroes of Newerth's upcoming eSports event, DreamHack Summer 2015.
- Currently Available A.R.M.S. Avatars: Invader Kane, Savior Hammerstorm, Savior Rally, Savior Pebbles, Invader Ravenor, Savior Legionnaire, Savior Solstice, Invader Dampeer, Savior Emerald Warden
- A.R.M.S. Avatars available in the DreamHack Chest in Plinko: Savior Predator
- Perks: Collect all 10 A.R.M.S. Avatars and you can claim the 11th, Gold Collection A.R.M.S. avatar for FREE.
- For more information about the A.R.M.S. Collection, head here: http://hontour.com/dreamhack/
Matchmaking Maps & Modes[edit | edit source]
- Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Mid Wars
- Blind Ban
- All Random
- Blind Ban
New Content[edit | edit source]
The War Effort[edit | edit source]
- New War Effort Trophy Avatar: Flint Beastwood
- The only way to get this rare, auspicious avatar is to be ranked among The War Effort's top 50 at the end of each 28-day cycle, so keep checking that leaderboard and completing those quests! Even the staff can't get the Trophy avatars!
8-Bit[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Gamer didn't always have a PhD in video gaming -- he started out as a console-loving kid in his parents' basement in Arcadia, and as he matured his skill level and choice of electronic entertainment evolved right along with him until he became the smartest, most strategic gamer in all of Arcadia. Now that he has access to Newerth it's time to give these combative heathens a doctorate-level schooling in proper gaming, and maybe do some digging into this eSports thing the Game Master told him about...
- New 8-Bit Taunt: Rage Kid
- Save your monitor by letting the Rage Kid Taunt handle the tantrums for you. Now breathe...
A.R.M.S. Collection[edit | edit source]
- When Pestilence abandoned the Moon Queen and her hive to side with the Hellbourne, he expected his soldier beetles to follow. Instead, they tried to bring his head back to the queen to prove their loyalty. Pestilence annihilated his entire army and fled to Hell's Keep, where the Electrician was delighted at the opportunity to create a brigade of insect shock troopers inspired by the vicious Pestilence. Technology failed him until the breakthrough of the A.R.M.S. Invader suits, which the Electrician used to create this prototype, a robotic scourge obedient to the ruthless hive mind of Pestilence.
Black Legion[edit | edit source]
- Chosen from the silent hunters of the Hidden Village of the Scout, Hexa of the Black Legion prefers to execute her assassination jobs as a solo operator -- Quintan and the others are a bit too overt for her tastes. Those lads can be a useful distraction though, and on the occasions when Hexa works in tandem with the entire Black Legion the Hellbourne forces invariably flood toward the swath of carnage caused by Quint and the boys while the enemy commander watches from afar in frustration and outrage. Until Hexa's blade settles across his throat and the commander realizes the true purpose of the attack.
- Waru may be the most valuable member of the Black Legion (except for Unum, if you happen to be bleeding out at the moment). He can switch from blistering covering fire to accurate kill shots without breaking stride, and when Quintan's ax gets dull from cracking too many skulls or Troika's flamethrower sputters out, it's Waru who pulls a replacement from his pack to keep every member of the Black Legion in the fight. It doesn't matter to Waru who gets the kills as long as they happen on the enemy's side.
- Septar is the brash wildcard of the Black Legion. He was accused of deserting his former unit of Jeraziah’s Royal Guard the night before a battle, but when the King advanced intoenemy territory at dawn he and his soldiers found Septar waiting among dozens of enemy dead. “Thought I’d save you all the trouble,” Septar said.
- He has elite skills in melee combat and a tendency to seek out the most powerful opponent among the enemy ranks and challenge him to single combat. Since the Hellbourne has no honor, this ends up with him fighting dozens of enemies, which suits him fine, as long as his chainsword doesn’t bog down.
General[edit | edit source]
- New POGs Avatar: Deadwood
- These high definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
Bug Fixes & Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- Patchwork Devourer's hook trail now displays properly
- Malphas avatars are no longer missing ability icons
- Evil Presence minion can no longer be teleported to via Post Haste
- Fixed an issue that prevented Master of Arms from taunting his opponents
- Earthshatter slow state is no longer transferrable by Parasite's Facehug
- Fixes the infinite Earthshatter slow state duration
- Using 2 Staccato skills in Rift Wars will no longer inflict a significantly higher than intended amount of damage
- No longer denies himself if Booboo's Mixed Damage kills Wildsoul
Resolved an issue that caused the following animations to loop improperly: