- 1 Design
- 2 Community
- 3 Matchmaking Maps & Modes
- 4 New Content
- 5 Bug Fixes & Optimizations
- 6 Bots
Design[edit | edit source]
- A quick fix to his bashes that were not being seen enough throughout the game.
- Curse of Ages
- Chance to proc increased from 5/6/7/8% per charge to 6.5/9/11.5/14% per charge
- Now guarantees at proc upon obtaining 8/7/7/6 charges (lowered from 12)
- Fixed a bug where the ability's timer was set to 0 upon obtaining the final charge value without proccing (such as by attacking a tower)
- This unintentionally rendered Chronos able to hold onto his charge for a guaranteed proc like pre-3.7.10.
- The hero has a lot of skill involved to reach her peaks. We knew going into retail she would be a hard hero to master but she would have a high pay off. In the end she still needs a bit of a boost to put her with the other heroes that require a high skill level to play effectively.
- Starting Agility increased from 20 to 25
- Ballistic's projectile touch radius increased from 75 to 100
- Divide and Conquer
- Mauser Magic Armor increased from 5 to 10
- A followup nerf to bring the hero's farming back in check and to make him earn more of his farm rather than have it freely given. We will continue to keep an eye on zephyr and change him accordingly to make sure everyone is happy with his place in the pool.
- Range lowered from 800 to 700
- Damage lowered from 6/9/12/15 to 7/8/9/10
- Cyclones will no longer passively spawn if you have taken damage in the last 20 seconds.
- Wind Shield
- Passive deflection has been reduced from 15 to 10
Community[edit | edit source]
The War Effort[edit | edit source]
- Cycle 9 continues through this patch and will be ending on 10/20.
HoN Tour Season 4[edit | edit source]
- The fourth edition of the official competitive circuit for Heroes of Newerth continues! With a multi-divisional format, there are opportunities for both amateurs and professionals in HoN Tour. Grab your friends and head over to www.hontour.com for more information.
New Patch Avatar Discounts[edit | edit source]
- Every patch a handful of avatars will be placed on discount. This patch's discounted avatars can be found with the Diamond Chest and Ticket Exchange information in the News section of the forums: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/forumdisplay.php?83-News
Community Funding | The Paragons[edit | edit source]
- Show your support for HTS4 and get your Paragon avatars from Plinko today! 25% of all proceeds collected will go directly to competitive HoN eSports!
Matchmaking Maps & Modes[edit | edit source]
- Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Mid Wars
- Blind Ban
- All Random
- Blitz Mode
- Blind Ban
New Content[edit | edit source]
The Scar[edit | edit source]
- If you own all of the Scar avatars you will get the bonus trail effect of glowing embers and torn, corrupted terrain as these avatars carry the destruction of the Scar across Newerth!
- The Hellbringers are fearsome summoners who pull forth the most powerful daemons to serve their infernal cause. Most of them are men and women corrupted by the power of dark magic, but some summoners find themselves drawn from the ranks of the daemons themselves. Those elite Hellbringers are known as the Pit Lords, so named because they alone have the ability to summon their brethren and bend them to their will. Among the Pit Lords one holds sway above all others: Arimane. He alone has bound the daemon princes of Tartarus to his will and he alone knows the true names of the other Pit Lords. Inscribed in blood in his book of souls, Arimane will not hesitate to bind anyone who threatens his power to his will.
- Freed from Hell to walk directly on the mortal plane through the Scar, Arimane now seeks to add more names to his book of souls and continue to increase the size of his own personal army.
- The Fright Hounds were thought to only be terrifying legends, myths created by superstitious soldiers who were afraid to venture into the darkness while on watch. Now those soldiers are faced with two horrifying possibilities: either the myths were true, or their worst nightmares have come to life. The Fright Hounds have loped out of The Scar with their carcass blades sharpened and ready to rend flesh, and while their appearance is hideous enough to send grizzled veterans running, the soldiers would rather have the chance to run than have their guts ripped out before they even know the stealthy daemons are within striking range.
- Cesspool spent endless years stalking the blackest corners of the pits of hell, capturing the most vile, noxious daemons and extracting their toxins so he could inject them into the helpless, damned souls wandering through the veils of the underworld. Their constant screams were gratifying, but ultimately unfulfilling since they could not give him the reward all predators crave: death. When the Second Corruption tore the earth apart and let the daemons spill across Newerth like pus from a burst boil, Cesspool found a vast hunting ground full of fleshy targets who succumbed to death with shocking ease. As a result, he's diluted his toxins to prolong the effect so he can enjoy it for as long as possible before his victims give their final scream of anguish.
- Once a peasant girl who used her gift of second sight to protect her village from fire, famine and raiders, Amadea discovered a much greater power growing beneath the surface at the base of Krula when her family harvested the obsidian found there. By linking to this power she was able to not only see the potential threats, but destroy them. And so it was when Maliken Grimm broke the land apart with The Second Corruption, the insidious daemonic energy was already entangled within Amadea's flesh, blood, and soul -- the innocent peasant girl was already Hellbourne.
- Svána died defending her homeland in the fierce battle against Glacius and his minions, and she had barely touched the grass in the fields of the afterlife before she demanded to be reborn. "It is not yet your time to return," the goddess Freyja told her. Svána seemed to accept this, but when the dead warriors began passing mead and telling their tales she hid within the chariot that carried the moon across the sky. As it passed over Newerth, Svána dropped from the chariot and drifted to the battlefield where her corpse lay. She willed it to rise, to fight again, but the cold flesh did not stir. Svána was so distraught that when the man in the cloak approached and offered her another chance at battle and glory, she did not hesitate. Nor did she ask the price. And so Jaru the Corrupted Disciple pulled her soul into the simmering Scar, and when she emerged she was Svána of the Scar, reborn with a terrifying dead light burning within her.
War Effort[edit | edit source]
New War Effort Trophy Avatar: Amun-Ra
- The only way to get this rare, auspicious avatar is to be ranked among The War Effort's top 50 at the end of each 28-day cycle, so keep checking that leaderboard and completing those quests! Even the staff can't get the Trophy avatars!
Announcer[edit | edit source]
New Announcer Pack: Dark Master
- Obey your Dark Master and seize this announcer!
- Voiced by the one-and-only Richard Ridings
POGs[edit | edit source]
New POGs Avatar: Plague Rider
- These high-definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
Bug Fixes & Optimizations[edit | edit source]
Interface[edit | edit source]
- The item shop window no longer automatically closes when your hero respawns or when you leave the well area.
- Removed the sharing toggle option for couriers.
- Reduced the icon size of items in Hero Guides.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Target scheme was fixed so that it cannot target heropets with future usages if Circe's channel was interrupted.
- Undead units can no longer be drag- or tab selected.
- Fixed a few minor visual issues.
- Ionic Dash is no longer usable while Parallax is immobilized or restrained.
- No longer dispels enemy Veiled Rot while Parasite is infesting a minion while that minion is stealthed (e.g. Tundra's Shiver pet).
- No longer becomes immobile indefinitely if Parasite transfers Glacius's Ice Imprisonment from the Staff of the Master-boosted Glacial Downpour.
- Karabas Barabas' Voodoo Puppet no longer displays a glimpse of the default Puppet Master's Voodoo Puppet model upon dying.
- The Twins avatar voice lines have a more appropriate volume relative to the other voice lines.
- Prism cast sounds no longer play twice.
Bots[edit | edit source]
- Earn gold rewards for contributing on the bot subforums!
- Create your own bot or review submission code!
- All of these bots were vetted by community contributors and the Community Bot Team.
- Join us on the bot forums or on IRC and earn gold!
Bot Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed Succubus Bot ignoring her Puzzlebox minions.
New Bots[edit | edit source]
New Bot: Armadon
- Authored by Sparks1992
- Additions by malloc
- Sparks1992 receives 6800 gold coins, an alt avatar of his choice, and another Robot Courier forum award!
New Bot: Doctor Repulsor
- Authored by EyeOneTwoDye
- Additions by malloc
- EyeOneTwoDye receives 6800 gold coins, an alt avatar of his choice, and another Robot Courier forum award!
New Bot: Magebane
- Authored by Pure`Light
- Sweet blinking technology
- Pure`Light receives 6800 gold coins, an alt avatar of his choice, and another Robot Courier forum award!
New Bot: Pyromancer
- Authored by CuvelClark
- Baller-tier extra logic complete with burst calculations, defensive stuns, and cast speed adjustments.
- CuvelClark receives 6800 gold coins, an alt avatar of his choice, and another Robot Courier forum award!