- 1 Design
- 2 Community
- 3 Matchmaking Maps & Modes
- 4 New Content
- 5 Bug Fixes & Optimizations
Design[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Floating Combat Text
- When this option is enabled, a colored number will briefly appear over enemies whenever you deal damage specifying the amount of damage done.
- Pink indicates Magic Damage.
- Red indicates Physical Damage.
Maps[edit | edit source]
- Blind Grenade range increased from 1900 to 2500.
- Flare range increased from 1950 to 2500.
- Healing Ward cost increased from 20 to 25 gold, bounty increased from 20 to 30 gold.
- Mine amount that can be held increased from 3 to 6, cooldown decreased from 150ms to 0ms.
Community[edit | edit source]
Player Appreciation[edit | edit source]
- Continuing with our Player Appreciation here are the new set effects that will be going into this patch. Remember, since we are changing/adding effects to some of our older sets, all of the avatars associated with the changed sets will become available for a short period of time (yes, even Golds, EAs, and Debuts).
- Sang-La Set Effects
- Added effect: If you own the entire Sang-La set, each avatar will receive a panda pet!
- Avatars in set:
- Yanluo Wang Soul Reaper (Available from 11/18-11/23)
- Tangseng Martyr
- Bajie Prisoner 945
- Shaolin Magebane
- Jeet Kune Dragon Pandamonium
- Heroes of Oz Set Effects
- Added effect: If you own the entire Heroes of Oz set, each avatar will receive a flying monkey pet!
- Avatars in set:
- Scarecrow Fayde
- Good Witch Pearl
- Tin Hammerstorm
- Gravewood Deadyard
- Cowardly Night Hound
- Wicked Hag of the West
- Archaic Gods Set Effects
- Added effect: If you own the entire Archaic Gods set, each avatar will gain a colored electric weapon effect!
- Avatars in set:
- Kali Defiler
- Odin Tundra
- Quetzalcoatl Zephyr
- Zeus Ravenor
- Svarog Magmus
- Revenge of the Neutrals Set Effects
- Added effect: If you own the entire set, each avatar (except Sylvia, who already has a pet) will gain a unique pet based on the Neutral they were inspired by!
- Avatars in set:
- Ogre Blacksmith
- Earthroc Pebbles
- Snot Keeper Gravekeeper
- Sylvia Ophelia
Community Event Team[edit | edit source]
- Here to bring you HoN-related events with huge prizes!
- Amun-Ra was in dire need of flavor tooltips. The following submissions have won, and the players who submitted them get an Amun-Ra avatar of their choice!
- Path of Destruction [Q] - Who needs direct pathing? (Submitted by ShajiWhyUGay)
- Ignite [W] - Happens when you're eating flaming hot Cheetos. (Submitted by Dota`1)
- Ashes to Ashes [E] - I was voted the hottest guy in Newerth. (Submitted by i99StrPurePK)
- Pyroclasmic Rebirth [R] - Round Two, FIGHT! (Submitted by ElVasilisk)
- Nome's Wisdom was lacking lore and Galaxy wrote the winning submission.
- Rumor spread throughout the Forests of Caldavar that a new relic had been conjured by the crazed alchemist Nome. The artifact radiated a rejuvenating aura that soothed even the deepest wounds from battle. Now, with the war for control getting increasingly intense, both Hellbourne and Legion desperately tried utilizing the unique item and quickly added it to their arsenals.
- Energizer was also lacking lore, but no longer, thanks to Mithra's submission.
- Craving power without end, Newerth's best magicians finally evoked this mystical artifact. Although simple of design, this device enabled both the Hellbourne hordes and the Legion armies to move with speed unparalleled by anything known before. The appearance of Blitz was only a natural consequence, perceiving a challenge he could best.
The War Effort[edit | edit source]
- Cycle 10 is underway and will be active until November 17th.
- In addition to the top 50 players on the Quest Leaderboard, the top 25 players on the RANKED MMR Ladder will also be rewarded with the Trophy Avatar of their respective cycle.
- The first Trophy Avatar rewards for MMR players will go out on November 17th.
HoN Tour Season 4[edit | edit source]
- The fourth edition of the official competitive circuit for Heroes of Newerth continues! With a multi-divisional format, there are opportunities for both amateurs and professionals in HoN Tour. Grab your friends and head over to www.hontour.com for more information.
Community Funding | The Paragons[edit | edit source]
- Show your support for HTS4 and get your Paragon avatars from Plinko today! 25% of all proceeds collected will go directly to competitive HoN eSports!
Autumn Gold Sale & Black Friday[edit | edit source]
- It's that time of the year again where avatar deals run rampant!
- Stock up on Gold Coins during the Autumn Gold Sale and receive a bonus 15% on every Gold Coin purchase you make during November 20th through November 24th.
- Take part in the yearly Black Friday event, where Merrick's shop runs avatar sales for 24 hours straight! Make sure to check Merrick's shop often because each deal will only stick around for an hour!H
Matchmaking Maps & Modes[edit | edit source]
- Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Mid Wars
- Blind Ban
- All Random
- Devo Wars
- Force Pick
New Content[edit | edit source]
Gold Collection[edit | edit source]
- New Gold Collection Legionnaire Avatar: Mercenary Legionnaire
- Mercenary Legionnaire brings a new type of interaction to Newerth! This avatar includes a Legion and Hellbourne version, and the appropriate character will display in-game depending on which team you join. Each version has its own Legion and Hellbourne model, texture, effects, voice, and sound effects.
- Legionnaires are the namesakes of the Legion itself, and when they take the battlefield with their massive battle-axes, the razor-sharp blades blessed by the fiery blood of the Sacred Order, there is no daemon who can stand before their terrifying charge. But when these courageous warriors do fall, their corpses are like treasure to the Hellbourne, who claim the lifeless meat and bone as their own and imbue it with a corrupted essence. The result is a bastardized shell of the former Legion soldier, a depraved murderer whose only desire is to retrace his former life's steps, killing everyone who had a hand in forging the Legion hero he once was.
The War Effort[edit | edit source]
- New War Effort Cycle 11 Avatar: Blade of Sol Jeraziah
- If a Man does sin against Sol, let him be punished, and his children also, and their children also, unto the last of them, for no good springs of evil.
- – The Codex Solaris
- Sol is a vengeful god, and Jeraziah has long felt the punishment for the sins of his father. The young prince tried to embrace the benevolent side of his faith for years, even after he became king, but that only led to suffering and heartbreak. No more. Behold Jeraziah, the Blade of Sol, who draws the blessed, razor-honed sword of righteousness against all who deny Sol's word. He is imbued with his god's pure light and power, and while those who stand beside him certainly appreciate his protection and blessing, his only motivation for keeping them alive is so they can kill more sinners before finally ascending to Sol's ultimate glory.
Winter Holidays[edit | edit source]
- Gather 'round, Newerth family, for the hearth is warm and the household safe from the dangers of the outside world thanks to the grace and generosity of Holidaykeeper Hestia! Leave the war behind you, raise your glasses, and offer your first and last libations of the feast in her honor, for she has brought us all here, friend and foe alike, to sit within her sanctuary when the cold night is at its darkest.
- New Holiday Edition Ward: Thanksgiving Ward
- Provide your team with a cornucopia of map awareness with the Thanksgiving ward!
Loi Krathong/Yi Peng[edit | edit source]
- Yi Peng Bombardier is ready to celebrate the full moon festival by floating some explosively fun sky lanterns for the opposition to enjoy! Her brightly burning candle lights the way for all to find peace, and when she releases a khom loi even the angriest players feel compelled to let go of hatred, anger, and corruption. Happy Yi Peng and Loi Krathong, Newerth!
General[edit | edit source]
- With Calamity attempting to begin the Third Corruption, the Great Rift threatening, the return of the Paragons, and Parallax skewing time and space around him, an alternate reality has woven into Newerth as we know it.
In this reality, Maliken’s first love Andraste did not die giving birth to Jeraziah. As a result, Maliken never fell under the spell of the shapeshifter Sylvia and his mind remained untouched by the madness that drove him to begin the Second Corruption. But the Second Corruption happened regardless, caused by Sylvia's daughter Ophelia, who would take any measure to wipe Man off the face of Newerth. Emperor Maliken will march from Adkarna in full regalia to rally the Legion against this wicked girl and her bestial daemons!
- Arachnae was the finest weaver in all of ancient Greece, and all who saw her work remarked at how lucky she was to receive such a gift from Athena, goddess of wisdom and crafts. Arachnae scoffed at this, claiming her skill surpassed even Athena's and that the goddess had no part in her abilities. Athena heard each of these insults, and when they became too much to bear she challenged Arachnae to a weaving contest with the loser banished from the loom for all of time. Arachnae accepted.
- The two wove feverishly for hours, and when they were done Athena lifted hers for all to witness. It was a glorious tapestry of Zeus and his siblings defeating the Titans, a worthy homage to the Titanomachy, and the gathered crowd was ready to name it the winner. Then Arachnae revealed her tapestry, a breathtaking mosaic featuring infamous scenes in which the gods had tricked, abused, and slaughtered mortals. The crowd was silent, but secretly approved of this challenge to the gods.
Athena was not quite as impressed. Infuriated by this insult to the gods, as well as the proof that Arachnae was indeed a better weaver, she said, "Since you are so fond of weaving, let's see if you can weave your way out of the Underworld."
- She laid her hand upon Arachnae's head and transformed her into a hideous half-human, half-spider monstrosity and sent her to the lowest level of the Underworld, where no loom or fabric exists. Since that day Arachnae has been weaving a web to climb back to the land of the mortals, and when the Second Corruption ripped the land apart and unleashed the Underworld upon Newerth, Arachnae crawled out, seeking vengeance upon the gods and those who worship them.
- New Courier: Fairy Courier
- This Fairy Courier seeks to return the kindness you performed by freeing her by bringing your items on wings of speed!
POGs[edit | edit source]
- New POGs Avatar: POG Demented Shaman
- These high-definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
Bug Fixes & Optimizations[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Merrick's Bounty will no longer start accumulating charges early if you die before the in-game timer reaches 0:00.
- Buildings behind the inventory slot HUD will no longer interfere with moving an item from one slot to another.
- Capture the Flag's loading screen Tower symbol now displays its string correctly.
- Hosts can now promote/demote themselves as referees.
- Added the ability to kick referees.
- Added buttons to the UI to remove a referee and to kick a referee.
- Paragon trail effect visuals now display the correct colors.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Regurgitate corpses no longer block neutral creeps from spawning.
- Ellonia's Absolute Zero (boosted by Staff of the Master) now applies level 4 Flash Freeze to all targets hit by the return projectile.
- Fixes a corner case bug so that Circe's mimic of Ellonia (when Ellonia has Staff of the Master) will properly apply Flash Freeze to the appropriate targets hit if the mimic dies before the projectile returns to the mimic's position.
- Soaker Rosie Engineer's overhead visuals no longer move down vertically whenever she moves.
- Steam Turret damage effect type changed from Magic to Magic DoT.
- Rulian Warlord's attack projectile visuals will now properly change when attacking units depending on the items he has in his inventory.
- Split Fire split attack range now matches her increased Attack Range when she has a Wingbow in her inventory.
- Defiling Touch corpses no longer block neutral creeps from spawning.
- Lodestone Plates now functions properly if the hero source damaging Lodestone is invulnerable.
- Rocket Drill lifetime is now properly adjusted if Lodestone is affected by Moira's Arcane Vortex.
- Prevents Lodestone moving to the bottom-left corner of the map because the Rocket Drill gadget no longer expires prematurely if Lodestone is affected by Arcane Vortex.
- Sterling Midas' Elemental Warp now plays the proper sound file if the player owns a level 4 or above upgrade for Sterling Midas.
- Moraxus will now properly use his corresponding avatar's axe model when More Axes is triggered from his Matraxe skill that is boosted by Staff of the Master.
- Mauser will no longer die on the same frame if he becomes invulnerable when returning to Nitro.
- Pharaoh's Hellfire visuals now match its actual radius.
- The Virtue set effect for Temperance Prisoner no longer displays a shell that appears similar to the Double Damage rune visuals.
- Bajie throws his rake now instead of a ball.
- Tourmaline Paragon Rhapsody's Protective Melody now breaks properly when channeling is cancelled by a Stun or Silence, if the user owns the Protective Melody Paragon visual upgrade and Rhapsody has a Staff of the Master in her inventory.
- Protective Melody's channel bar now hides properly when channeling is cancelled by a Stun or Silence if Rhapsody has a Staff of the Master in her inventory.
- No longer teleports to the bottom-left corner of the map with the second usage of Bidirectional Wormhole (ultimate skill, boosted by Staff of the Master) if Moira's Arcane Vortex affects Riftwalker before the second usage is actually used.
- Ultimate renamed from "Succubus' Hold" to "Cursed Embrace."