- 1 Community
- 2 Matchmaking Maps & Modes
- 3 New Content
- 4 Bots
- 5 Bug Fixes & Optimizations
Community[edit | edit source]
Summer Silver Discounts[edit | edit source]
- Continuing until August 24th Merrick will be discounting different avatars at 50% off their original silver price. If you've been hoarding silver and waiting for a chance to spend it, now's the time!
HoN Summer Extravaganza 2015[edit | edit source]
- With Summer in full swing Newerth is primed and ready for a fun celebration. Join in the fun and participate in the following festivities:
- 25% Bonus Gold Sale from July 16th to July 19th
- Limited Edition Sales from July 17th to July 27th
- 2x Bonus Silver Weekends from July 17th to July 20th and July 25th to July 27th
Matchmaking Maps & Modes[edit | edit source]
- Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Mid Wars
- Blind Ban
- All Random
- Rift Wars
- Shuffle Pick
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New Legion Intelligence Hero: Skrap the Scavenger
- Skrap is a cunning scavenger from the Seradati Plains who once roamed the desolate landscape gathering carrion to feed himself and occasionally sell in the rare event he encountered another living thing. Now he hoards every daemon carcass he can find to nourish his destructive, ravenous pet Vorax in the war against the Hellbourne. Skrap prefers to skulk along the edges of combat, harassing the enemy and harvesting their remains until he has enough to feed Vorax, who revels in charging forward and demolishing everything in its path.
- Mousetrap (Q)
- Target an area to throw a Mousetrap there, dealing 60/80/100/120 Magic Damage and applying a Mini-Stun.
- After arming, the Mousetrap will chase the first enemy that comes within range (prioritizing heroes), dealing 80/100/120/140 Magic Damage and applying a 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 second Stun to nearby enemies.
- Mousetrap lives for 40 seconds.
- Zoomerang (W)
- Target a location to throw a Zoomerang in that direction. Deals 60/80/100/120 Magic Damage and applies a stacking 20% Movement Speed Slow to enemy units. Zoomerang can hit again on the way back.
- Cooldown reduced by 8 seconds if caught or 4 seconds if picked up from ground. Zoomerang collects morsels while flying.
- Scavenge (E)
- Passively allows Skrap to pick up morsels from dead units, granting 8 experience each. Dying will reduce collected morsels by 30%.
- Toggle on to consume 1 morsel every 0.5 seconds.
- Heals self and ally heroes (within 1000 radius) for 5/10/15/20 Health per morsel.
- Heals Vorax for 15/30/45/60 Health and adds 1/1.5/2/2.5 Attack Damage per morsel.
- Max 100 morsels.
- Unleash Vorax (R)
- Choose a lane to spawn Vorax, an uncontrollable monster with 2000/3500/5000 Health and 120/150/180 Attack Damage, in that lane.
- Vorax will push the lane, Disarming enemy towers on attack, but hurting itself.
- Vorax is visible to enemies at all times.
- New Skrap Debut Edition Avatar: Bone Collector
- Every day countless living things die in The Great Waste -- from natural causes and otherwise -- but the landscape is oddly devoid of carcasses. This is because of the cunning Bone Collector of the Great Waste, who strips the putrid corpses of maggot-ridden meat and offal before cleaning the bones and offering them to the true alpha scavenger of the Waste, the Bonefeast Vorax. This species much prefers the satisfying crunch of dead marrow, but the Bonefeast and his Collector will attack living flesh just to get to the tasty bones within.
- New Skrap Avatar: Warlock
- The Blood Crystals buried deep within the southern range of the Iron Mountains are the only remains of the powerful Mordant Paragons, a clan of twisted sorcerers who chose to bury themselves in the endless, black caverns rather than face the justice of the Order of the Chapel. Their petrified blood is valued for its magical properties, but the scavenging creature known as Warlock skulks through the catacombs and harvests the gems because of their ability to manifest the Blood Crystal Vorax, a fearsome monster created by the Mordant Paragons to protect their nefarious rituals. Whoever carries the Blood Crystals can summon the Vorax, but controlling it is another story...
Sunburn Bay[edit | edit source]
- Every year, the Inner Sea’s Sunburn Bay is flooded with vacationers looking for sun, fun, and respite from the cold, bloody steel and stone of the war between the Legion and Hellbourne. The hot sand and cool waves are neutral territory, where you might find Legionnaire rubbing suntan oil on all eight of Arachna’s legs. Once they leave the beach it’s back to death and despair, so everyone enjoy the rest and relaxation while it lasts!
- Surfer Dude Behemoth is amped to carve up some waves instead of enemies for a while, but if any kooks try to get aggro on his epic ripping he might have to drop in and share a little shockwave with them, especially if any beach bunnies are watching.
- When the sun finally goes down on Sunburn Bay it's time to light the tiki torches, sit down for the evening feast and get ready for the real party to start. Luau Rhapsody leads the singing and dancing with her smooth melodies and artful hula choreography, and those who can't keep up (cough Surfer Behe cough) are welcome to watch and make leis for everyone else.
- Sunburn Bay is a beacon of warmth and relaxation for the Valkyries of the Frost Fields, who go months at a time without seeing the sun and will die within seconds if they touch the frigid waters of the Boreal Sea. The vacationing males certainly don’t mind these Nordic warriors shedding their bulky plate and mail for holiday bikinis, but they are baffled that the armor stats don’t decrease too...
Zodiac[edit | edit source]
- Broken and defeated by Hercules, the Nemean Lion known as Leo was memorialized among the stars as a constellation where he has watched for centuries as the warriors of Newerth vie for supremacy. He was once a scourge to the Greeks, using stealth and surprise to capture maidens, who he took to his cave as bait for would-be rescuers. But his years in the heavens observing the goodwill of the men, women and beasts of the Legion have tempered his fury and malice, and now he returns to stand with Hercules and his fellow warriors to stalk the Hellbourne.
The War Effort[edit | edit source]
- New War Effort Trophy Avatar: Solstice
- The only way to get this rare, auspicious avatar is to be ranked among The War Effort's top 50 at the end of each 28-day cycle, so keep checking that leaderboard and completing those quests! Even the staff can't get the Trophy avatars!
Hari Raya Aidilfitri[edit | edit source]
- Celebrate the breaking of the fast with these fun, festive items!
- New Account Icon: Ketupat
- Join the festival by showcasing this delicious rice dumpling inside a beautiful pouch of woven palm leaves!
- New Ward: Pelita
- Celebrate Hari Raya by letting the spirits and angels see where to descend with their blessings with this pelita ward!
General[edit | edit source]
New POGs Avatar: Madman
- These high-definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
Bots[edit | edit source]
- Bots can now be played on Grimm's Crossing and Mid Wars in Public Games
- Includes use of teleporters
- New Bot: Dampeer
- Authored by Pure`Light
- Pure`Light receives 6800 gold coins, an avatar of their choice, and the Robot Courier forum award!
- New Bot: Blood Hunter
- Authored by ModernSaint
- ModernSaint receives 6800 gold coins, an avatar of their choice, and the Robot Courier forum award!
- Earn gold rewards for contributing on the bot sub-forums!
- Create your own bot or review submission code!
- All of these bots were vetted by community contributors and the Community Bot Team. Join us on the bot forums or on IRC and earn gold!
Bug Fixes & Optimizations[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Following community feedback, certain in-game sound announcements are no longer queued or have had their queue times reduced, which should resolve kill streak announcements being heavily delayed.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Items in your inventory and stash are now movable while dead
- Items can be purchased while dead, and will go into your inventory
- Items purchased while alive cannot be sold while dead
- At the time of death, items instantly lose their 100% refund grace period timer
Interface & Smartcasting[edit | edit source]
- Smartcasting now works correctly for the bottom row of item slots
- Hero names are no longer cut off when you mouse over their hero icons in the scoreboard
- There should no longer be any duplicate console errors related to replays
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Resurrection now works properly if the target's corpse gets dragged more than 250 units from the Gravestone
- Force of Balance aura states are no longer considered Buffs
- Prevents Kane from receiving free assists
Items[edit | edit source]
- Properly plays a sound when its charges are consumed