- 1 Design
- 2 Community
- 3 Matchmaking Maps & Modes
- 4 New Content
- 5 Bug Fixes & Optimizations
Design[edit | edit source]
- Base Agility increased from 15 to 18.
- Agility gain per level increased from 1 to 2.
- Intelligence gain per level reduced from 3 to 2.8.
- Arcane Missile
- Magic Damage increased from 115/135/155/175 to 125/150/175/200.
- Heal increased from 30/40/50/60 to 40/50/60/70.
- Dance of Death
- Duration increased from 3/4/5/6 seconds to 4.5/6/7.5/9 seconds.
- Now also grants 1000 clearvision while channeling.
- Arcane Missile projectiles now travel twice as fast if fired while channeling.
- Total distance traveled still the same.
- Arcane Bolts
- Magic Damage per bolt increased from 8/12/16/20 to 15/20/25/30.
- Heal per bolt increased from 5/7/9/11 to 9/12/15/18.
- Cooldown reduced from 1 to 0.2 seconds.
- Now retains the fast bolt firing speed after Dance of Death ends until no bolts are left.
- This applies even after casting other abilities.
- Arcane Missile
- Cooldown rescaled from 130/105/80 seconds to 130/120/110 seconds.
- Heal for Vorax per Morsel decreased from 30/60/90/120 to 15/35/55/75.
Community[edit | edit source]
The War Effort and Ranked MMR Ladder[edit | edit source]
- Cycle 13 will finish on February 9th and rewards will be distributed by February 12th.
- Cycle 14 starts on February 9th and will last until March 8th.
- The top 25 players on the RANKED MMR Ladder on February 9th will be rewarded with the Trophy Avatar of this cycle. Expect these rewards by February 12th.
HoN Tour Season 4[edit | edit source]
- The fourth edition of the official competitive circuit for Heroes of Newerth continues! With a multi-divisional format, there are opportunities for both amateurs and professionals in HoN Tour. Grab your friends and head over to www.hontour.com for more information.
Community Funding | The Paragons[edit | edit source]
- Show your support for HTS4 and get your Paragon avatars from Plinko today! 25% of all proceeds collected will go directly to competitive HoN eSports!
Matchmaking Maps & Modes[edit | edit source]
- Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Mid Wars
- Blind Ban
- All Random
- Rift Wars
- Shuffle Pick
New Content[edit | edit source]
The Paragons[edit | edit source]
- The Paragons are a faction of ancient, elemental guardians from the isolated Isle of Argentia. They embody the wisdom, emotion, and power of the earth, and the flesh of each Paragon has been overtaken by veins of crystals that hold a strong connection to the planet. They have refused to enter the wars among Man, Beast, and Daemon for fear that if captured, their bodies could be used as conduits to feed death and corruption directly into the earth.
- But with King Jeraziah driven to the brink of his faith and needing someone to counter the self-righteous destruction of the URSA Corps, he summons The Paragons, knowing that once they see the state of Newerth they will be forced to join the fight against the Hellbourne as well.
- The Bloodstone has long been used by shamans and healers to control the flow of blood from wounds and therapeutic bleedings, but the true purpose and power of the stone resides in the Bloodstone Paragon, whose command of the crystals allows him to extract blood from those deemed a threat to Newerth, examine it to find the crux of their being, and drain the remaining blood from the body if necessary.
- Bloodstone Torturer Upgrades
- Torturer throws a crystal spire at the target with a trailing chain and green/purple mist.
- Upon impact, the crystal explodes, releasing blood from the target and tormented souls from the shards.
- Chain Reaction
- Upon casting, a thorned sigil appears on the floor of the targeted area.
- Small shards of crystal with chains and spiritual energy shoot out from the center, entangling in the air before returning to the center.
- When the thorned sigil appears, tormented souls rise from the ground and disappear.
- The sigil is surrounded by crystals that pierce the ground in the parameter.
- The chains attached to the crystal cluster are crystalline and vary in hue from green to purple.
- Sharp crystals pierce the ground and shoot up around Torturer, terminating into an explosion of shards.
- Beams of purple light flood through the cracks made by the crystals, then fade away.
- Crystals still pierce the ground from beneath, but upon expiring, they explode into shards and release a tortured soul into the air and a small wave of rolling mist that disperses shortly.
- Agonizing Bonds
- Crystalline chains bind and pull enemies together, drawing blood from each.
- Upon their expiration, the chains explode into crystal shards that fall to the ground.
- Glowing crystalline chains bind and pull enemies together, leaving behind a thorned sigil and drawing blood.
- Upon their expiration, the chains explode into crystal shards and release tormented souls.
- Pulses of spiritual energy and crystalline chains flow outward from Torturer.
- On impact, chains snake their way around and upward from the target.
- Pulses of spiritual energy, crystals, and crystalline chains flow outward from Torturer.
- Around him, tormented souls fly upward from the ground.
- On impact, the chains snake their way around and upward from the target along with tormented souls.
- The wisdom of eons is encased within the topaz crystals growing upon this Paragon, who uses the acuity of the gems to discern the greatest fears and weaknesses of those responsible for the catastrophic damage upon Newerth. When the topaz manifests an enemy's mortal terror and uses it to destroy their psyche, the flesh is a simple afterthought.
- Topaz Puppet Master Upgrades
- Puppet Master throws a spinning topaz crystal blade.
- Puppeteer's Hold
- Puppet Master's weapon appears above the target's head, attached to their body with strings
- The puppet strings glow and emit energy and topaz crystals.
- Puppet Show
- A hand appears above the target's head, attached to their body with strings.
- The hand and puppet strings glow and emit energy and topaz crystals.
- Puppet Master's weapon gains a green trail on attack.
- Green sparks appear upon impact.
- The weapon trail includes golden streaks and crystals.
- Crystals and a green explosion appear on impact.
- Voodoo Puppet
- A topaz crystal puppet appears, connected to the enemy with strings.
- The topaz crystal puppet and strings glow and emit crystals.
- The puppet gains extra crystals above its shoulders.
The War Effort[edit | edit source]
- New War Effort Cycle 12 Trophy Avatar: Trophy Nomad
- The only way to get this rare, auspicious avatar is to be ranked among The War Effort's top 50 or the RANKED MMR Ladder's top 25 players at the end of each 28-day cycle, so keep checking those leaderboards and completing those quests! Even Frostburn Studios staff members cannot get the Trophy avatars!
Chinese New Year[edit | edit source]
- Monkey King earned freedom from his heavenly prison by accepting the tutelage of Ophelia, along with a golden crown that controlled his primal urges. With years of honorable service and semi-acceptable behavior behind the legendary warrior, Ophelia has released him from his restraints and unleashed his fully defiant, havoc-wreaking form upon Newerth. This might be something she regrets...
- With a beauty matched only by the music she plays, Zhaojun uses the considerable mastery over her Pipa to bolster her allies, healing their wounds and even making them feel invincible in battle. She is loved and adored by all, her heavenly music lifting the spirits of Man and Beast alike.
- Every spring the ferocious Nian beast emerges from beneath the Sang-La Mountains to attack and terrorize the innocent, and while most villagers flee to the protection of the Shao Temple until the monster passes, the Nian Guardians stand ready to protect the people and send the terrifying beast away forever.
- When the time for battle arrives, Nian Guardian Kinesis dresses in her red warrior robes and surrounds herself with burning explosives to thwart the ferocious Nian. Knowing the beast likes to skulk behind trees before attacking unwary villagers, she mastered the ability to rip trees from the ground and hurl them at the Nian, driving it away for another year, but hopefully forever.
- Nian Guardian Moon Queen is a powerful ally in the battle against the terrible Nian. When the beast emerges from its underground lair, Nian Guardian Moon Queen is there with her flowing red robes and explosive dragon disc to frighten it away. If the monster is stubborn and determined to harm innocent villagers, however, she has the power to call upon the very heavens to strike the Nian down with explosive beams of dazzling red light.
- Every day of the year, Nian Guardian Pandamonium trains in his warrior's red for the one day when the Nian emerges from its underground lair to attack the innocent villagers of the Sang-La Mountains. When that day finally comes, he relishes the opportunity to send the fierce creature scurrying away in terror as he unleashes a flurry of explosive punches, kicks, and smashes that leave the Nian's face even uglier than before. Every year the battle is over too quickly for Nian Guardian Pandamonium, and the next morning he begins his training anew.
- New Chinese New Year Ward
- Display your cleverness and vigilance with the Year of the Monkey ward!
Easter[edit | edit source]
- New Easter Holiday Edition Ward
- Peep all the hidden eggs (and gankers) with the Easter ward!
General[edit | edit source]
- New Taunt: Get REKT
- Get this taunt, others Get REKT. Check.
New Base Model[edit | edit source]
- Monkey King now has an updated base model!
POGs[edit | edit source]
- New POGs Avatar: Magmus
- These high-definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
Bug Fixes & Optimizations[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Capture the Flag's Hellbourne neutral camp now properly spawns 1 Minotaur and 2 Goatars for the Minotaur camp.
- Ward of Sight & Ward of Revelation no longer regenerate Health (e.g. from sources like your ally well).
- Alchemist Ogre no longer displays certain visual effects as abnormally large effects (e.g. Sol's Bulwark aura).
- Fixed multiple map tiles where they were incorrectly granting the " In My Element" skill benefits to Riptide.
Pathfinding[edit | edit source]
- Pathfinding has been improved when using ranged attacks or abilities. All units will now walk up to obstacles if they have enough range to attack or cast through them, rather than always attempting to go around them.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Emerald Lightning now properly displays its initial beam link effect between Aluna & the primary target.
- Static Grip now grants sight of the target while active.
- Spider Mines will now deal their intended damage independent of the choice of alternate avatars.
- No longer shows the global area of effect indicator when hovering over Call of the Damned.
- Hero icon is now properly displayed in the Recently Played Heroes section of a player's statistics window.
- Gash sounds will no longer be excessively loud if it affects a large number of enemy units at the same time.
- Axia's portrait is now centered properly.
- No longer infinite loops Sticky Bomb's explosion until death if affected by Witch Slayer's Miniaturization.
- The top part of the Nitro model will no longer remain in the game if Nitro has been terminated from a match.
- Double-Activating Asphyxiate will cast it on yourself now.
- Casting Asphyxiate on a Magic Immune ally unit now properly applies its effects.
- Olympic Pegasus no longer has grainy & super sparkly textures.
- Tongue Tied now grants sight of the target while active.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Lightning visual now appears properly on the creep when attacking a creep as the primary target.
- No longer has a swirling teapot model inside the blue sphere.