From Heroes of Newerth Wiki
Design[edit | edit source]
Balance[edit | edit source]
- Mana cost increased from 70 to 80/90/100/110.
- Healing Wave
- Max number of ally units affected decreased from 3/4/5/6 to 3/3/4/5.
- When placed on an ally and returned to Demented Shaman without triggering the effect, the skill goes on a 15 second cooldown.
- Draconic Defense
- Cooldown is no longer halved when flying to your ally Well.
- Damage-over-Time Amplification reduced from 15/30/45% to 10/20/30%.
- Player-controlled enemy units' attacks now reduce the charges from H.A.W.K. (instead of just enemy heroes' attacks).
- A.T.K. Drones
- Lifesteal from the Third Drone decreased from 30% to 15%.
- Wind Shield
- Movement Speed bonus changed from 4/6/8/10% to 5%
- If the attacker is within 250 radius of Zephyr when the attack hits Zephyr, Wind Shield will not grant Evasion against that attack instance.
Community[edit | edit source]
Valentine's Day[edit | edit source]
- Grab the game you love and celebrate Valentine's Day with Heroes of Newerth
- Festivities start on Feb. 13th
- Head to the forums for more information: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/
Matchmaking Maps & Modes[edit | edit source]
- Champions of Newerth (CoN)
- Map: Forests of Caldavar
- Mode: Counter Pick
- Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Mid Wars
- Blind Ban
- All Random
- 1v1 Mode
- Same Hero
- Different Hero
New Content[edit | edit source]
Valentine's Day[edit | edit source]
- Prince Charming and his Love Lackeys are here to make all of Newerth swoon with passion! No one will be able to resist his powerful arsenal of diamonds, adorable stuffed animals, and lovely balloons that are sure to make even the hardest hearts get carried away with the holiday of romance and love. Take care with your tender emotions, though, for Prince Charming may just be setting you up for the special kind of heartbreak that comes along with that other four-letter L word: LOSE.
- Nothing upsets The Master of Hearts more than a lonely heart on the most romantic of all holidays, and the battlefields of Newerth are chock-full of them! She's made it her mission to spread pure, unconditional love to each and every hero this year, and she's fully equipped to do just that with enough left over for those adorable little Creeps. It's best to stay on her good side though, because if you resist her Valentine's Day overtures she's likely to label you as a lost cause and melt your black heart with a well-placed box of acid-filled chocolates. Kisses!
Community Winner[edit | edit source]
- There's nothing quite like the soothing aroma of fresh, buttery popcorn before a skirmish, and Popcorn Pearl's goal is to provide her friends with a constant supply of hot, fluffy kernels to keep their spirits and health as high as possible. But this master popper has a prickly side too, and her delicious treats can quickly become weapons of asphyxiation should anyone try to harm Popcorn Pearl and her friends. And if any sneaky snackers even THINK about grabbing her buttered treats, they'll find she has a powerful arsenal to keep this popcorn well-preserved!
- This avatar is a community winner from Heart`Attack!
General[edit | edit source]
- Many warriors of Newerth posses a duality -- peaceful on the homefront yet savage on the battlefield -- but none come close to the dichotomy that is Yin and Yang. By day she is a merciful, honorable warrior who conducts herself by a strict code of justice with the lofty goal of putting an end to war and suffering in Newerth. When the sun sets, however, she becomes a ruthless killer with no regard for who she leaves in her wake as she slashes through Man, Beast, and Daemon on her path toward ridding the land of any hostile being. The irony is that although these two halves of the same woman operate with vastly different methods, should they succeed in their goals, the result will be the same.
Bug Fixes & Optimizations[edit | edit source]
Optimizations[edit | edit source]
- Memory usage has been significantly optimized.
- Alleviates heavy memory allocation issues particularly for Mac OS.
- OpenGL gamma graphics issues have been remedied.
- Added an FPS & Ping overlay to the in-game HUD.
- Forests of Caldavar's art assets have been optimized for performance.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Match History now displays properly once again.
- The in-game item shop will no longer stay on the same page if you open a specific shop category using your mouse's left-click, then close and reopen the item shop.
- Certain icons in the HoN Store will no longer protrude out of their containing frames.
- Hero icons on the minimap will no longer clip through the top of the minimap's borders.
- Razor UI's top piece has been moved very slightly to the left to be perfectly centered.
General[edit | edit source]
- Units teleporting into fog will no longer be visible for 1 frame after the teleport event completes.
- Stray paintbrush streaks have been removed in the top Hellbourne area of Forests of Caldavar.
- Attack sound volumes for creeps and Legion towers have been reduced.
- Token of Vision (dropped from Transmutanstein) now has an overhead visual while its state is active.
- Credit to JinZero for the suggestion.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Vuvuzela Bushwack's Sidestep attack impact sound is now played properly.
- Twisted Visage will no longer decrease Circe's mimic's Health when copying heroes that have a boost to their Health or Strength (e.g. Shadowblade while in his Gargantuan form).
- Undead units from the Medevac avatar have less flashing & flickering.
- Opposite Charges textures now appear properly on Low Graphics settings.
- Gawain will no longer use Diving Strikes twice if Circe uses Twisted Visage on Emerald Warden & Summon Gawain is leveled.
- Essence Link will now select the correct target to apply the buff on in niche cases (e.g. while Empath's As One is active on Nitro).
- Grappling Shot now unbinds Gunblade when the projectile hits the target.
- Now displays the proper visual effects from Infest when Infesting a siege unit.
- Paragon Parasite will now play its proper knockdown animation when stunned by certain skills (e.g. Engineer's Keg).
- Soothing Presence's visuals will no longer persist after Pearl dies.
- Stampede will no longer affect its target if Rampage is already within 500 units of his target and Rampage becomes Stunned, Immobilized or Restrained during the time of impact.
- Bound by Fate's complete expiration range has been increased from 1200 to 2000.
Items[edit | edit source]
- The teleport will now cancel properly if you target ground & teleport to a non-building, non-Well unit & that unit dies.
- Ability icons now display properly after obtaining Staff of the Master.