From Heroes of Newerth Wiki
Design[edit | edit source]
Balance[edit | edit source]
- Mana Cost increased from 90/130/170 to 120/150/180.
- Health set value decreased from 300/500/700 to 200/400/600.
- Max charge count reduced from 4 to 3 (i.e. now only requires 3 instances of non-DoT damage from player-controlled enemy units to put H.A.W.K. on cooldown).
- Bonus Movement Speed decreased from 5/10/15/20% to 0/5/10/15%.
- Enemy player-controlled gadgets will now properly reduce the number of charges on H.A.W.K. when they damage Klanx.
- A.T.K. Drones
- Mana Cost increased from 50/100/150 to 100/150/200.
- Wall of Mummies
- Projectiles that use ground pathing will no longer be able to escape Wall of Mummies if a path cannot be found to go from inside the Wall of Mummies to outside the Wall of Mummies.
- Affected projectiles include:
- Mana Cost decreased from 100 to 70/80/90/100.
Community[edit | edit source]
Luck of the Clover[edit | edit source]
Lucky us! Another year to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day in Heroes of Newerth. This year's activities include:
- Holiday Edition Avatars available for purchase
- Hero specific grab bags. Purchase these bad boys and get a random avatar from your favorite hero!
- The return of Tarot's Lottery. Get massive discounts on a large selection of products.
- For all the juicy details, head to the forums: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/forumdisplay.php?222-General-Discussion
Thai Ghost Set[edit | edit source]
The Thai Ghost Set arrives in Newerth this patch and Merrick has a special deal on the avatars.
- Upon release, each Thai Ghost avatar will be 25% off until the next Thai Ghost avatar comes out.
- Make sure to grab the avatars early before you miss out on this great deal!
Matchmaking Maps & Modes[edit | edit source]
- Champions of Newerth (CoN)
- Map: Forests of Caldavar
- Mode: Counter Pick
- Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Mid Wars
- Blind Ban
- All Random
- Devo Wars
- Devo Pick
Mid Wars[edit | edit source]
- The Mid Wars Map has received huge art and visual improvements!
New Content[edit | edit source]
Thai Ghosts[edit | edit source]
- Long before the peace of the Monastery of the Way found its way to the Sang-La Mountains, the territory was brutally contested by numerous small kingdoms. When a nobleman's army was conquered by another, it was traditional for his daughters to be married to the victor's sons as a gesture of fealty. Lakana was the most beautiful daughter of one such defeated lord, a proud man whose family cherished the old ways of the mountains. These ancient ways included a powerful witchcraft that ran deep within the family's women, and when Lakana was sentenced to burning at the stake for refusing to marry the victor's cruel son, she quietly accepted the punishment, knowing she held the power to wreak eternal vengeance upon those who had harmed her family. As she burned, Lakana spoke words that turned the hair of everyone present pure white. Her flesh was charred and turned to ash, but her organs and head remained unscathed. When the chains that bound her finally fell away, her bodiless head became a hideous mask of rage. She screamed through the panicked nobles, tearing their entrails free and devouring them whole. The conquered, cursed kingdom was and still is abandoned, for every night the screams of Lakana echo through the valleys as she searches for more victims.
- When a particularly malevolent or unhappy spirit haunts the villages of the Sang-La Mountains, the victims call upon one of the elite Mo-Phi, the shamans who specialize in possessions, communication with the dead, and invocations. The most advanced among the Mo-Phi even speak with angels and gods, and these priests make quick work of the troublesome spirits terrorizing the poor villagers. With generous offerings to tempt the spirits and a hefty stick to keep them at bay, the Mo-Phi uses his rituals to trap the ghosts in earthen jars, which he promptly throws into the deepest lake available. One shudders at the thought of an event that might shatter these jars and release all of those trapped spirits simultaneously...
- The lovely and benevolent Nang Tani is said to haunt the banana groves at the base of the Sang-La Mountains near the sacred Sefir Tree. This is difficult to confirm, for Nang Tani is very shy and chooses to remain hidden among the trees most of the time, but the monks who pass by and find gifts of nourishing bananas carefully wrapped in leaves always take a moment to thank the gentle Nang Tani. That said, any man, beast or daemon who sets foot within the grove seeking to harm her trees will find a very different Nang Tani one who shows no pity as she destroys the threat to her home and makes them as one with the soil.
- Among the many levels and depths of All Hells, one region is dedicated to twisting and deforming human souls who have lived wicked lives into Pret, who are then sent back to the mortal realm to seek enough forgiveness and merit to cancel out all the terrible things they did in the previous life. This is difficult to do, as Pret are hideous to look upon and try to satisfy their endless hunger by eating their own pus and blood. When merit is not given, these pathetic creatures will typically move along to beg another person to help them escape their eternal torment. But beware: the Third Corruption has brought about many changes among the damned, and the Pret will do whatever is necessary to avoid going back to All Hells. If that means they must bludgeon those who are stingy with their merit, so be it their karmic debt may increase, but what do they have to lose?
Bug Fixes & Optimizations[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Certain skills (e.g. Bushwack's Side Step) will no longer be put on an unsigned integer overflow cooldown value.
- Hero Stats from Champions of Newerth games are now properly being recorded in the Learnatorium.
- Invulnerable pets will no longer have states with overhead effects applied to them from Astrolabe and Energizer.
- If you have control of more than 1 hero unit, pressing the "Select Next Hero" hotkey will no longer switch to a hero that does not visually appear on the screen (e.g. Gemini while he is split into Fire and Ice).
- Certain spots for Cliffwalking-with-Direct-Pathing exploits have been fixed in Forests of Caldavar.
- Neutral creeps in the Legion's southwest hard camp will no longer be obstructed by fog of war caused by trees when viewing the camp at general angles from north of the camp.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Using Draconic Defense on your ally Well will now properly grant you the Draconic Defense bonuses.
- Using Draconic Defense will no longer be able to take you behind the ally Well.
- Draconic Defense will no longer be able to target the Well Attack Structures in the Mid Wars map.
- Purchasing behaviour has been fixed while Gemini is split into Fire and Ice:
- You will now be able to properly purchase an item in some manner while selecting Gemini's Fire or Ice heropets.
- If Gemini's Fire pet is near a shop, then if you select Fire or Ice, you will purchase the item (based on whatever is available in that shop) and that item will go to Gemini's inventory.
- If Gemini's Fire pet is not near a shop or if your selected unit is something other than Fire/Ice/Gemini, then buying the item will send the item to your stash.
- Demon Minion model is now properly updated for all avatars when the minion is sent out when using Evil Presence's active ability.
- Certain visual effects played on a unit affected by Conscription will no longer be improperly upscaled.
- Bulldozer weapon will no longer visually disappear if Weapon Enhancement is leveled up while the skill is still on cooldown.
- Master's Call will no longer play a whirling sound indefinitely after the state expires.
- Blaze Pyromancer's knockdown animation now plays correctly in certain scenarios.