Design[edit | edit source]
Balance[edit | edit source]
- Sword Throw
- No longer deals reduced Magic Damage while Life Essence is active.
- Sword of the Damned
- Enchanted Flames' Attack Damage bonus increased from 12/24/36/48 to 15/30/45/60.
- Magic Damage dealt to self per attack increased from 4/8/12/16 to 8/16/24/32.
- Life Essence no longer reduces your Attack Damage by 10/20/30/40.
- Will always be active with either Enchanted Flames or Life Essence when this skill is leveled.
- No longer has a cooldown.
- Hellbourne Zeal
- Max charges increased from 80 to 100.
- No longer has a Mana Cost.
- Maliken now spends 25% of his Current Health when Possession is cast.
- Smoke Bomb
- Radius increased from 275 to 325.
- Now teleports Night Hound behind the target.
- No longer loses stealth when activating items.
- Fade time increased from 3.5/2.5/1.5 seconds to 4/3/2 seconds.
- Stealth will not have a fade time when respawning (i.e. with Token of Life or Deadlift's Resurrection)
- Bonus Agility increased from 0/6/12 to 5/15/25.
- HEAT Round
- Physical Damage reduced from [85/170/255 + 25/50/75% of Nitro's Attack Damage] to [80/160/240 + 20/40/60% of Nitro's Attack Damage].
- Stun duration rescaled from 2 seconds to 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.
- Range reduced from 1200 to 1000.
- Demon Hand
- Mana Cost increased from 75 to 90.
- Radius decreased from 275 to 250.
Community[edit | edit source]
Plushies and Misfits[edit | edit source]
The newest set of spectacular avatars is headed to Newerth. Start your collection of the Plushies and Misfits beginning on April 28th.
- For more details on how to acquire these avatars, head to the forums.
Matchmaking Maps & Modes[edit | edit source]
- Champions of Newerth (CoN)
- Map: Forests of Caldavar
- Mode: Counter Pick
- Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Mid Wars
- Blind Ban
- All Random
- Capture the Flag
- Blind Ban
New Content[edit | edit source]
Plushies and Misfits[edit | edit source]
- War has touched every inch of this magical land, and not even the Illuminated Orphanage is safe. Within the high, clean walls maintained by the Sacred Order of Arasunia, a constant battle rages for dominion over one of the most highly contested plots in all of Newerth -- the toddler's playroom. Divided by a river of blankies and soiled diapers, the romping area has opposite corners claimed by two factions: the Plushies, adorably soft and cuddly dolls, and the Misfits, unsettling and dangerous toys tainted by the echo of evil left behind by Jaru the Corrupted Disciple. The Plushies find haven in the Nursery Corner, from where they strive to protect the orphans and Sisters within the orphanage, while the Misfits dwell across the room in the Cursery Corner, plotting to overtake the entire campus. Let the stuffing fly!
- Every inch of thread, cloth and stuffing that makes up Plushie Behe is dedicated to stopping bullies from causing trouble in the Illuminated Orphanage playroom. Most ruffians will back down as soon as the stuffed heavyweight steps up, but sometimes the big lug has to strap on the gloves and get his soft fabric a little dirty. When it comes to the Misfits, however, Plushie Behe never hesitates to put himself between the dangerous toys and any child, Sister, or Plushie they've made the poor decision to attack.
- The deranged, corrupted Misfit Behe is a bully of massive proportions, constantly wreaking havoc among the children and Sisters of the Illuminated Orphanage. In addition to destroying all the fresh snacks and new toys with his smashing sack, he takes foul pleasure in pulling his moldy straw stuffing out and creating babydoll bait for the more gullible orphans and Plushies. When they totter close enough, he unleashes a nightmarish pummeling that leaves kids crying and Plushies scattered across the playroom floor.
- The Plushie Devo Doll loves spreading snacks and fresh air across the playroom, and the children and Sisters simply adore his soft, warm hugs and how openly he wears his generous heart for all to see. He is always ready to retrieve a lost binky with his gentle squeezer, or pull a fellow Plushie out of harm's way when the stinky Misfits show up to make trouble.
- The Misfit Devo Doll is endlessly searching for Plushies to rip open so he can gorge on their stuffing and replenish his own innards, which are constantly leaking and falling from his numerous split seams and torn fabric. He'll settle for stealing an orphan's lunch if that's all he can find, but it will only make him grumpier until he finally gets his pinchey clamp on one of those precious Plushies.
- There is nothing Plushie Night Hound loves more than turning invisible, sneaking up on a distracted toddler, and pouncing on them to deliver a cloud of soft, snuggly hugs full of giggles and love. These elite cuddling skills have a darker side, however -- when the Misfits arrive with bad intentions to harm the innocent children and Sisters of the orphanage, Plushie Night Hound's hugging paws become slashing claws and his gentle smile bristles with snarling teeth, ready to shred the Misfits into harmless piles of thread and stuffing.
- Misfit Night Hound actually started out as a Plushie, and it was impossible to tell the difference between him and his twin brother. Unfortunately, the children and Sisters of the orphanage would always find out too late that there was a significant difference between the two -- the stuffed doll who would become Misfit Night Hound despised cuddling, snuggling, and hugs of all kinds, and when someone tried to embrace him he threw such a tantrum he'd tear his own fabric, pop his seams, and stain his soft fur on the playroom floor. Eventually the safety pins used to hold him together became deterrents to keep the hugging buggers away, and when this ornery doll saw how absolutely no one wanted to hug the smelly Misfits, he immediately jumped the river of soiled diapers to join their sticky ranks.
EXO[edit | edit source]
- In the ultimate alliance between the Legion and Beast Horde, the tech-focused Engineers have set aside their spreadsheets and stress tests and looked to the research that has been ongoing for millennia: nature's evolution. When the Engineers examined the shells, exoskeletons, and carapaces of the Beast warriors, they found systems of armor that, when applied to man-made materials, created external protection that was lighter, more flexible, and stronger than anything Newerth had yet seen. It was a critical response to the new corruption spewing from Apex's portal, and the winged warrior who had pledged herself to Monarch's army was the perfect prototype on which to test it. If her delicate wings were strong enough to carry the EXO armor, and kept her alive against the forces of corruption, the rest of the Legion would be convinced this new technology could change everything.
Fusion[edit | edit source]
- With the pure, true corruption from the depths of All Hells continuing to flow from Apex's portal, the other previously untapped levels and pits are also free to spew their filth and wickedness across Newerth. The Fusion Chamber is one such level, a subterranean laboratory where the damned souls were infected with a daemonic virus that tore them apart from within and rebuilt their maimed bodies with the ability to transform appendages into brutal, fiendish weapons. The Fusion Chamber did this for centuries, churning out an army of agonized soldiers prepared to wreak havoc and spread the Fusion virus across Newerth when Apex finally ascended. That day has come, and the Fusion warriors come with it.
- Fusion Maliken may be the most dangerous of all the twisted warriors to emerge from the Fusion Chamber. The unprecedented amount of determination within his damned soul allowed the daemonic virus to destroy and remake every cell of his body, so that he not only possesses the ability to forge weapons from his flesh and blood -- he can transform into an entirely new and terrifying creature that is in and of itself a weapon of mass carnage. Regardless of which form he takes, the deranged zeal he exudes while massacring the armies of Newerth is enough to chill even Fusion blood.
Bug Fixes & Optimizations[edit | edit source]
Bots[edit | edit source]
- New Bot: Prisoner 945
- Authored by Sparks1992.
- Additions by Anakonda.
- Sparks1992 receives 3200 Gold Coins and an alt avatar of his choice!
General[edit | edit source]
- Issuing the "Order Hold" command will no longer cancel your unit's channel.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Unbreakable will now trigger even when taking non-lethal damage (e.g. Blood Chalice) to prevent Damage-over-Time (DoT) sources from bypassing Unbreakable when a source of non-lethal damage takes Demented Shaman to approximately 0 Health.
- Having Staff of the Master on the certain avatars will no longer play Grace Nymphora's Mass Teleport sounds.