Design[edit | edit source]
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Song of the Sea
- Silence duration decreased from 0.75/1.5/2.25/3 seconds to 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds.
- Take Cover
- Can no longer be autocast.
- Electric Frenzy
- Magic Damage increased from 30/45/60/75 to 30/50/70/90.
- 3 Point Strike
- True Damage reduced from 300/350/400 to 250/325/400.
- As One
- Cast Range increased from 300 to 500.
- No longer grants bonus Attack Speed.
- Bonus Attack Damage changed from 40/60/80 to 30/60/90.
- Call of the Damned
- Proc chance increased from 10% to 15%.
- Grappling Shot
- Cast Range changed from 500/575/650 to 650.
- Physical Damage increased from 100/200/300 to 150/250/350.
- Bonus Armor decreased from 4/8/12/16 to 3/6/9/12.
- Telekinetic Control
- Cooldown increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Stasis Smash
- Damage Reduction decreased from 30% to 20%.
- Dark Mana
- Percentage of charges lost on death increased from 10% to 20%.
- Bonus Max Mana per charge decreased from 2/5/8/11 to 2/4/6/8.
- Magic Damage per proc decreased from 25/35/45/55 to 20/30/40/50.
- Shared Fate
- Tapering Movement Speed Slow decreased from 50% to 40%.
- Critical Multiplier increased from 1.5/1.75/2.0/2.25x to 1.6/1.9/2.2/2.5x.
- Cast Range decreased from 650 to 550.
- Piercing Shards
- Magic Damage increased from 140/200/260/320 to 140/210/280/350.
Matchmaking Maps & Modes[edit | edit source]
- Champions of Newerth (CoN)
- Map: Forests of Caldavar
- Mode: Counter Pick
- Forests of Caldavar (SEA Client only)
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Mid Wars
- Hero Ban
- All Random
- Grimm's Crossing
- Blind Ban
New Content[edit | edit source]
Songkran[edit | edit source]
(Songkran avatars will not be released until HoN 4.4.2)
- The fruit stand is a pretty boring (and sticky) place to work most of the year, and the owner's daughter has been counting the days until the Songkran Water Festival begins. Not only is it a chance to wash off the seemingly permanent fruit juices -- her father also promised she'd be allowed to go into the joyous crowds to sell their family specialty, the giant watermelon ice, and she's planning to use this as an opportunity to unveil her new watermelon-themed line of swimwear. Her father might be upset when he sees how much skin it covers (or doesn't), but hopefully he'll calm down when he sees how many watermelon ices she's sold.
- Also available with Thai voice
- Songkran Set Effect
- Get this cooling, cleansing aura around your Songkran 2018 avatars when you own them all!
- Songkran TP Effect
- Own all of the Songkran 2018 avatars and make a festive splash every time you teleport!
- Give your opponents a serious spiritual cleansing with the Songkran Taunt bucket!
HonWorld[edit | edit source]
- Some say the battle-hardened loner Nomad is obsessed with his mission to exterminate the Sand Wraiths -- and all of the Hellbourne -- should he live long enough. And it is true, the warrior shuns the comforts and companionship of Legion encampments, he has no friends among the ranks, and only bothers with conversation when necessary to establish the next mission. What his Legion comrades don't know is this obsession carries over to all things competitive, and with the epic Garena Star League fast approaching Nomad has turned his intense focus to one thing: creating a battlesuit that will dominate the event and make all other heroes look like the weak poseurs they truly are. Nomad isn't too familiar with technology, computers...or electricity for that matter...so he's going all-out and adding bleeding-edge components to his armor and weaponry to ensure superiority. (He also made sure the helmet would cover his face on the off-chance his trademark scowl cracked into a grin from having so much fun at the event.) Nomad has not given up the fight against the Sand Wraiths -- he never will -- but stacking up some victories at GSL will be a nice way to train for his next desert skirmish.
- The Great Rift version of the Garena Star League event is much different than ours. There is a tiny slice of attention paid to eSports and gaming, but the vast majority of the event focuses on devouring other competitors face-first and spitting out their steaming bones. Last year's champion, HoNWorld Vindicator, doesn't see much challenge in simply eating more faces and skinning weak Rift pubs alive, so she's bringing her elite-level playbook to the portal and heading straight for our top GSL teams. Watch out gamers -- she may not know about our no face-eating rule.
F.L.E.X[edit | edit source]
- The F.L.E.X. soldiers are the most advanced -- and experimental -- weapons developed by the Legion's war machine yet. Created by a top-secret program buried so deeply in the Corps of Engineers that not even Tork knew about it, they are bionic, armored suits powered by artificial intelligence that only utilize the best traits of the heroes upon which they are based and ignore such things as doubt and fear. While each F.L.E.X. soldier has complete agency over how they perform their duties, they are all programmed to follow a specific sequence of orders once the enemy is involved: Find > Lock-on > Engage > eXterminate. It is a lethal form of evolved intelligence that always creates a predictable outcome: when a F.L.E.X. soldier targets an enemy, one of them is going to die.
- F.L.E.X. Silhouette is everything the original Silhouette's Scout trainers wanted her to become -- stealthy, professional, and extremely lethal. Indeed, they are both excellent assassins, but F.L.E.X. Silhouette wisely chose to leave the boisterous attitude and cockiness of her source hero's personality out of the programming. Her A.I. may let some bravado slip through, just to examine the results, but other than that F.L.E.X. Silhouette is all about executing her core sequence, which always leads to executing her enemies.
- Rather than rely on a single hero's intelligence to create its operational code, F.L.E.X. Legionnaire benefits from the experience, savvy, and courage of battalions of war-hardened soldiers. Every Legionnaire with more than five years in the ranks (survivability) and fifty Hellbourne kills (lethality) volunteered for the extraction process to help make F.L.E.X. Legionnaire the greatest possible force multiplier it could become. And though they've placed wagers on how long the newfangled thing will actually last in battle, they're grateful for every daemon it kills along the way.
- New F.L.E.X. Set Effect
- Augment your entire F.L.E.X. set with unique, electrifying effects for each F.L.E.X. warrior!
Bug Fixes & Optimizations[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Purchasing certain items with ultimate avatars will now play their proper voice clips.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Opening your Friend List will no longer cause a long duration freeze.
- Players can now search other Player Profiles on the Player Profile screen.
- Getting invited to another group while you are already in a group will no longer make you leave both groups when you accept the invitation to join the other group.
- You can now properly report players via RAP for games that you did not participate in.
- The notification sound now plays properly when you find a game via Matchmaking.
- Instant Message (IM) windows no longer reappear in your chat tabs when that user logs in and out.
- Merrick and the corresponding text in the HoN Store is now aligned properly.
- Teapots no longer show on your screen if you press F6/F10 while in-game.
- The Most Played Heroes panels in your Player Profile now properly display hero names.
- Mode Selection Screen
- The Regions dropdown menu on the Mode Selection screen will now collapse when you click somewhere else on that screen.
- Bot Match now has an option to fill the rest of your team with Bots to automatically queue into a game.
- Hero Pick Screen
- Right-clicking heroes on the Hero Pick screen now display that hero's avatars properly.
- Hovering over your hero portrait now properly displays the hero info tooltips at the bottom of the screen.
- Chat history is no longer cleared when transitioning from the Hero Pick screen to the in-game map.
- Player slots are now properly aligned to be symmetrical on the hero pick screen.
- You will now select the avatar you marked as Default even if you do not press the "Use" button after you select a hero.
- The Ready button has been re-added to Practice Mode games.
- Name colours on the hero pick screen now properly match your actual name colour.
- Friend list is now closed properly during the loading screen.
- The lobby music in Champions of Newerth now plays the correct soundtrack.
- Post Game Screens:
- Mentor Votes no longer visually count towards the MVP Vote.
- The Post-Match channel now automatically obtains focus in the chat channel selection after you exit a game that has ended.
- The Post-Games Screen no longer displays "Match Victory" when your team lost.
- Game duration is now displayed correctly on the Post-Match Stats Screen.
- Items on the Rewards page now display their tooltips properly when you hover over them.
- Match Stats screen now displays the precise time the match was played at.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Sterling Midas' attack projectile now visually leaves his hand when he attacks.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Adjusted visual effects so that it does not obstruct hero model and texture details.